Conexant BT878 blue screen after some time (In modetec mode)

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
yeplefou

Conexant BT878 blue screen after some time (In modetec mode)

Post by yeplefou »

Hi,

I have installed a LiveCD zm with a connexant one ship bt878 card (4 input). All work well with one camera in 640*480 in modetect mode, but after some hour, the screen become blue and stay blue. I try to restart service, but it stay blue. Restart computer, it stay blue ...

Is it an hardware pb (It a very cheap card) ?

Thanks for your answer ....
jamescollings

Post by jamescollings »

I seem to recall that BLUE is the colour that the Card will show when there is no image being received from the camera.

So it could be a problem with the camera itself. I generally resolve these by plugging the camera direct into a portable TV (this takes the pc and capture card out of the equation). Of course... it could be that the camera is fine, and the Capture Card is failing to show the image... But either way.. it isn't a problem caused by Zoneminder itself (assuming that you haven't changed the configuration between the time that you COULD see the image and now)
yeplefou

Post by yeplefou »

Thanks for your fast answer, I have the problem with two different camera, consequently I think that the problem come from video card ... (I hope)

It's a very cheap video card (from ebay with only one chip BT878), I'm looking for a good cctv card for a maximum of 4 camera, but I want that this cctv card is efficient 24h/24h and reliable ...

Thanks