Zooming out on Montage Review (or panning left) gives blank screen

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
8ace

Zooming out on Montage Review (or panning left) gives blank screen

Post by 8ace »

Hey Folks, I have an entirely "out of the box" Ubuntu Bionic with 36.11 with no customizations or anything... all runs GREAT for weeks but if I try and pan left or zoom out past three days in Montage Review I get a blank white screen in my browser. I've 9 cameras (3-6fps) doing a mix of modetect/record/mocord etc. and load varies between 0.9 and 2.9. The machine is an i7, 16gb ram with 8TB, 3TB and 2TB drives storing the video running the standard Purge filter. A 128GB SSD accommodates the system, the database and whatnot.

Same issue Edge/FIrefox/Chrome, etc. Or if I click "ALL EVENTS." HTTP ERROR 500

Thanks in advance for any tips!
iconnor

Re: Zooming out on Montage Review (or panning left) gives blank screen

Post by iconnor »

You are running out of ram for the php process. By default is is 128M. Edit /etc/php/apache2/php.ini and change the memory limit setting.
8ace

Post by 8ace »

thanks... in the ini today I have this:

; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)
; http://php.net/memory-limit
memory_limit = -1

Not sure what -1 means (no limit?) but I will try fiddling with some different values. Not sure if this is an applicable question but what is a reasonable value for 9 cameras at a moderate frame rate? And is this related to my system memory in some way?

thanks for any guidance... :D
8ace

Post by 8ace »

hey I tried a variety of GB RAM values (rebooting as I went) but I still get the blank page/500 error after a few pans left or zooming out.

What values do you use in your ini file? Also is there a way I can verify if ZM is struggling with memory? (I have 16gb)

"All events" still always throws 500 error.
8ace

Post by 8ace »

any thoughts appreciated regarding memory settings (?), i really cannot go back more than a few days using "PAN" without 500 error. DItto for Zoom out

Everything is out-of-the-box ubuntu server and 36.11 (fresh install, not upgrade) SHould I go to .12?
8ace

Post by 8ace »

any suggestions, anyone? :D
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

If you specified a GB limit, then I would be very surprised if you ran out of ram.

I suspect you DIDN'T. Because maybe php doesn't understand your units, or someting.

memory_limit = 1024M

You will need to restart apache2 after making the change.
8ace

Post by 8ace »

Hey thanks for that. I can now Pan Left about 11 days, which is very helpful! 8)

Side note: I wonder if I am using the tool wrong still because if I try and use the date range picker (say 10 or 11 days earlier; through to present day) I get the 500 error. Ditto if I try Zoom out or All Events. Does that happen for you too?