ability to rerun a video through detection process

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
turboc

ability to rerun a video through detection process

Post by turboc » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:10 pm

I'm trying to work on my motion detection settings. I have grown tired of tweaking the settings, walking to the camera on the other side of the house, walking around to trigger alarms, going back to my PC to see if the correct alarms triggered, rinse and repeat. It would be really nice if I could record a video that had the motions and light effects that impact motion detection and be able to run that video through the detection engine repeatedly to see how tweaks on the motion detection settings impact the alarms generated. Think of it as a test camera. Now that I think of it, can I generate a video through record and pass it back in as a file input repeatedly?

snake

Re: ability to rerun a video through detection process

Post by snake » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:59 am

One way to do this: Setup ffserver to serve up an RTSP stream of a video. Have ZM connect to the stream.

Something like this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/374 ... h-ffserver
You'll want to loop the video file - that might be another ffserver setting.

Alec

Re: ability to rerun a video through detection process

Post by Alec » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:14 pm

If you are using ffmpeg I think that you can simply use a file for the source path, e.g. "file://home/xena/test.mp4"

FWIW, I found this buried in another post, tried it on my install, and it works for me, but beyond that, I'm useless on this topic.
DFU
v 1.33.x on Ubuntu 16.04 server using LAMP
v 1.33.x on Ubuntu 16.04 server VM using LAMP