Stream works on VLC but not on Zoneminder. Blue screen.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
el_mechon_

Stream works on VLC but not on Zoneminder. Blue screen.

Post by el_mechon_ »

Hi you all guys.

I have a freshly installed Zoneminder v1.30.4 on CentOS EL 7. The web console works good and I have my monitor green. The things is that when I open the stream I get a blue screen with a time code on top.

Log states: Capturing at 1000.00 fps most of the time and then I get:

2017-11-01 16:24:13.074533 zmc_m1 1348 ERR Unable to open input rtsp://admin:claro2017@186.6.236.224:554/Streaming/Channels/101?transportmode=unicast&profile=Profile_1 due to: Operation now in progress

and:

getStreamCmdResponse stream error: socket_sendto( /var/lib/zoneminder/sock/zms-447100s.sock ) failed: Connection refused

The rstp stream works good on VLC (you can check it right now) but no luck with ZM. Also the IP is public by now without auth so you can check it out too (https://190.167.104.69/zm/index.php). I tried a lot of things so now I turn to the community to see if you can help me. These are screenshot of everything described. Hoping I get some support! Please!

bbunge

Re: Stream works on VLC but not on Zoneminder. Blue screen.

Post by bbunge »

Camera resolution in Zoneminder does not match camera output. Use VLC (Tools, Media Information, Codec) to check camera Display Resolution.
fips

Post by fips »

For me it helped to autodetect the setting, than restarted the whole server, afterwards it worked.
el_mechon_

Post by el_mechon_ »

Here is the VLC working. I'm using the highlighted resolution. Should I use the other one?

el_mechon_

Post by el_mechon_ »

fips wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:31 am For me it helped to autodetect the setting, than restarted the whole server, afterwards it worked.
How can I do the "autodetect"?
digital-gnome

Post by digital-gnome »

Double check your username and password in the zoneminder settings. Camera is refusing them.
digital-gnome

Post by digital-gnome »

Check your system time as well. Make sure mysql and php have the right time zones. It's occasionally complaining that capture time was delayed all of epoch time.
digital-gnome

Post by digital-gnome »

Actually that's just acting weird. It works on my ubuntu version. Did you follow everything in

Code: Select all

less /usr/share/doc/zoneminder-*/README.Redhat7
AnotherBrian

Post by AnotherBrian »

don't know if this applies but my zoneminder config for the cams are set at 24 bit color.
el_mechon_

Post by el_mechon_ »

Just to let you all know that the problem was the RTSP port not being opened. Now it displays the image (a blurry one) but at least we are getting some progress. Thanks all.