localhost/zm shows blank page (nothing)

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
leggy

localhost/zm shows blank page (nothing)

Post by leggy »

Hi,

I installed zoneminder 1.30.4 in Linux Mint 18.2.
I tried installed the components needed before, like apache2, mariadb, php 7, and zoneminder via deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/iconnor/zoneminder/ubuntu xenial main repository.

I don't know what to do. I ended uninstalling zoneminder via terminal, and waiting to a solution.

Thanks for any help.

leggy

(pd: at first the error was 404, not found, but I found some instructions that I do not remember, and now is blank)
bbunge

Re: localhost/zm shows blank page (nothing)

Post by bbunge »

Mint 18 is based on Ubuntu 16.04. Therefore it is logical to use install instructions for Ubuntu 16.04 as follows: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way

As you have likely missed something by not using tasksel to install LAMP you may be better off to completely reinstall your OS. Unless there is a good reason to have a desktop system you should install a server or minimal version without a GUI for better performance.
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

And if you have trouble along the way, take notes -- or pictures -- of errors.
ris2t

Post by ris2t »

Just upgraded to Kubuntu 17.10 (Artful Aardvark) from 17.04 and hit this blank page problem for /zm.

Looking at the HTML response it appeared that apache2 wasn't processing the PHP content and rather returning the raw index.php.

Code: Select all

php -v
PHP 7.1.8-1ubuntu1 (cli) (built: Aug  8 2017 15:57:37) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.1.8-1ubuntu1, Copyright (c) 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies
Looking in my /etc/apache2/mods-available directory it appeared some legacy PHP5 was still present and enabled.

sudo a2dismod php5
sudo apt-get remove libapache2-mod-php5
I removed php5 modules.

sudo apt-get install libapache-mod-php7.1
sudo a2enmod php7.1
Double checked the php7 module install and enabled.

After restarting apache this seems to fix the blank page problem.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

You will have issues with the API and possibly other things under 17.10 with the included Zoneminder. There is a procedure to use the .deb file for 17.04 from the iconnor PPA that works. Do not know how soon this will be fixed if ever. Those that run the cutting edge versions should expect issues from time to time...