Camera delayed and stuck in alarm?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
Yamanipanuchi

Camera delayed and stuck in alarm?

Post by Yamanipanuchi »

I searched around for an answer on this one but could find something described like this.

I have Zoneminder 1.24.2 on Centos 5.

1 axis 209fd camera.

When I view the camera directly video looks fine. But when I view it using Zoneminder its delayed by what looks to me 10-15 seconds. Its like this if its setup to record or even just monitoring.

If the camera alarms and starts recording, one the motion stops the "Cancel Forced Alarm" comes up and it starts to record. Once the motion goes away the Cancel function goes away but it keeps on recording. It doesn't stop till its triggered again and then it starts recording a new event because of the new trigger.

Any ideas out there?.. I suspect these might be related being with the delay in the video might also delay the stopping of the alarm. But not completely sure.
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

its just how it is however you can reduce the delay by:

turning off mpeg streaming
setting pre-buffer on the monitor settings to something less
KeithB

Post by KeithB »

Make sure you set the FPS you want on the camera and leave the FPS in Zoneminder as blank ie fast as possible.
Paranoid

Post by Paranoid »

I've done some experimenting with this in the past.

From what I can remember, it appears that zoneminder buffers the first 10 frames (internally) so the frame you see is always 10 frames behind real time.

This means that if you are capturing at 25 fps the image you see is 0.4 seconds behind reality. If you are capturing at 5fps you are 2 seconds behind and if at 1fps you are 10 seconds behind.