Clicking on live or playback image closes image

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
linuxsense

Clicking on live or playback image closes image

Post by linuxsense »

When viewing a live stream or a recorded event, if you click on the image the image disappears and the following error is generated by Apache:

Code: Select all

[error] [client 192.168.1.2] array (\n  0 => \n  array (\n    'file' => '/usr/share/zoneminder/ajax/stream.php',\n    'line' => 47,\n    'function' => 'ajaxError',\n    'args' => \n    array (\n      0 => 'socket_sendto() failed: No such file or directory',\n    ),\n  ),\n  1 => \n  array (\n    'file' => '/usr/share/zoneminder/index.php',\n    'line' => 116,\n    'args' => \n    array (\n      0 => '/usr/share/zoneminder/ajax/stream.php',\n    ),\n    'function' => 'require_once',\n  ),\n), referer: http://192.168.1.6/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=3
Shouldn't clicking the image zoom in on that area? I seem to remember that being the way the DVR feature worked the last time I tried it out...
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

I had the same problem with Zoneminder 1.23 and Firefox 3. Firefox 2 and Seamonkey don't have this problem.
cordel

Re: Clicking on live or playback image closes image

Post by cordel »

linuxsense wrote: [error] [client 192.168.1.2] array (\n 0 => \n array (\n 'file' => '/usr/share/zoneminder/ajax/stream.php',\n 'line' => 47,\n 'function' => 'ajaxError',\n 'args' => \n array (\n 0 => 'socket_sendto() failed: No such file or directory',\n ),\n ),\n 1 => \n array (\n 'file' => '/usr/share/zoneminder/index.php',\n 'line' => 116,\n 'args' => \n array (\n 0 => '/usr/share/zoneminder/ajax/stream.php',\n ),\n 'function' => 'require_once',\n ),\n), referer: http://192.168.1.6/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=3
Imply that there is a improper configuration in ZM or Apache as it should not be looking for files in the system root but from Apaches root.
linuxsense

Re: Clicking on live or playback image closes image

Post by linuxsense »

cordel wrote:
linuxsense wrote: [error] [client 192.168.1.2] array (\n 0 => \n array (\n 'file' => '/usr/share/zoneminder/ajax/stream.php',\n 'line' => 47,\n 'function' => 'ajaxError',\n 'args' => \n array (\n 0 => 'socket_sendto() failed: No such file or directory',\n ),\n ),\n 1 => \n array (\n 'file' => '/usr/share/zoneminder/index.php',\n 'line' => 116,\n 'args' => \n array (\n 0 => '/usr/share/zoneminder/ajax/stream.php',\n ),\n 'function' => 'require_once',\n ),\n), referer: http://192.168.1.6/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=3
Imply that there is a improper configuration in ZM or Apache as it should not be looking for files in the system root but from Apaches root.
Hmm. Where do you thing the bad config is? The config for Apache is limited to redirecting "/zm/" to the web root...dont really see anywhere to configure where ZM is looking for the socket the error is saying it cant find...
cordel

Post by cordel »

Okay, thats what I get for speed reading :oops:
Didn't realize that it was in the apache error log where it would display the entire path referenced to root :roll:
What Distro is this on?
Apache and php versions?
Maybe even a print out attachment from the result of phpinfo might be useful to help track this down.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

cordel wrote:Okay, thats what I get for speed reading :oops:
Didn't realize that it was in the apache error log where it would display the entire path referenced to root :roll:
What Distro is this on?
Apache and php versions?
Maybe even a print out attachment from the result of phpinfo might be useful to help track this down.
This is on a new system I setup to use at my home and its running Ubuntu 8.10 since I was testing it on that hardware for some other reasons...once the tests were done the little system kinda got re-tasked as my ZM box since it can hold two PCI capture cards and is quite fast for a little guy (Asus mini-pc with core 2 duo).

So..its running the i386 build of Ubuntu 8.10. The box was running ZM 1.23.3 from source then I blew that out and installed 1.24 only keeping the apache config. I have few issues with the current setup but I do have some random apache problems that I cant quite seem to figure out, not sure if its related to this issue or not...it seems that nph-zms just sucks the life out of apache and it wont respond without a restart but I have not been able to catch anything in the logs when that happens. If the problem keeps up I may just re-install everything to cover all the bases.

Anyway:
Apache version is 2.2.9-7ubuntu3
PHP: 5.2.6-2ubuntu4

In my current multi-beer state I cant see how to attach a printout of the PHP info, but if you want a copy send me a message and I will be happy to get one to you.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Actualy let me load in the the latest version. Work has had me pretty busy and I haven't had the chance yet and I'll see if I can duplicate it. I'll do that now. Nothing else if our box isn't doing anything else, maybe I can poke at it.
cordel

Post by cordel »

I use mpeg streaming fro zms so I never even noticed it.
So when streaming mjpeg from zms, it does close the stream and zms quits.
I used rc1-2651 since the API has changed for ffmpeg again, I have to either adjust ZM or build another ffmpeg package. I think I'll just repackage ffmpeg.

Code: Select all

[Tue Nov 04 16:50:53 2008] [error] [client 192.168.1.210] PHP Warning:  socket_bind() [<a>function.socket-bind</a>]: unable to bind address [98]: Address already in use in /var/www/html/zm/ajax/stream.php on line 26, referer: http://192.168.1.10/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=1
[Tue Nov 04 16:50:53 2008] [error] [client 192.168.1.210] socket_bind() failed: Address already in use, referer: http://192.168.1.10/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=1
httpd-2.2.3-11.el5_1
php-5.1.6-20.el5_2.1
http://www.computerntelecom.com/ZoneMin ... server.pdf

I'll take a peek at this in a couple days.
timf

Similar problem in 1.24 ?

Post by timf »

I've just posed a similar if not identical problem for my 1.24 install also on Ubuntu 8.10.

Any idea what the fix is ?

Tim
cordel

Post by cordel »

I have to take a look again. I have since repackaged ffmpeg and rebuilt to the latest release candidate but don't recall the results. I should have some time later towards the end of this week but I'm pretty sure this has not been ironed out yet.
nuck

Post by nuck »

I'm running into the same problem myself if I put cambazola.jar in the zm web root directory (slack 12.0, apache 2.2.8 ), otherwise (without cambazola) live and recorded streaming is working fine on the localhost machine with opera. In fact, with cambazola present I get no streams with opera, only an applet missing error.

I also noticed in the apache error log that there is a reference to a missing file named "com" when cambazola is present. Looking at the latest cambazola tarball I have here there is a /com directory inside the archive.