Camera works then Stops Working

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
desills

Camera works then Stops Working

Post by desills »

I have a camera configed and working in Zoneminder. It works and runs just fine for a while. Source shows as Green and all is good. After some time, Source shows as Red and camera is idle and not able to view. If I go into the Camera Config and change no settings at all and click on Save, it starts working again. Why does it work for a while and then quit? Any help would be appreciated.
m_kane

Re: Camera works then Stops Working

Post by m_kane »

what kind of camera you have?

have you checked dmesg and system logs for errors?
NetDog

Post by NetDog »

Funny I think I am getting the same type of issue. After a reboot the camera's work for about an hour or so but it seems to freeze. If I restart the zoneminder service it show green for the video feed. But if I reboot the server all is good again.

Ubuntu 11.04
Zoneminder v1.24.4
Camsecure Model 5008 PCIe 8 port card
Log files dont show any errors, but syslog shows it capturing:
Mar 11 10:15:18 Sec01 zmc_dvideo0[1199]: INF [FrontDoor: 43000 - Capturing at 29.41 fps]
Mar 11 10:15:18 Sec01 zma_m3[1202]: INF [FrontDoor: 43000 - Processing at 29.41 fps]

/etc/modprobe.d/saa7134.conf
options saa7134 card=2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2
desills

Post by desills »

Well, I have checked the sys log but am kind of new to ZoneMinder so don't really know what I am looking at. The other log "dmsg" I am not sure where to look for that one. As far as having to reboot things like NetDog needs to do, I don't need to go that drastic. All I have to do is go into the Camera Config and not change any of the setup items and just click on Save, and the camera Source Indication turns from Red to Green and it is working again. The Camera is a D-link DCS-920. Like I say, it works fine for a while, Source shows Green, it quits after a while and Source shows Red. I click on the Save in the Camera Setup without changing anything and it takes of working again for a while. I have attached a file of the Camera Setup box that I go into and click Save which makes it work again. Thanks for the responses!!
gblanco

Post by gblanco »

update your linux kernel to 3.0 version ...

http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/0 ... tty-11-04/

I had the same issue ...
desills

Post by desills »

Thank you gblanco for your suggestion. I was running Ubuntu 10.10 and loaded up 11.10 and that ugraded the Linux kernel to 3.0 and that fixed my problem. Thanks again. :D