Underwater PTZ camera

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
draude

Underwater PTZ camera

Post by draude »

for my koi pond i'm looking for a underwater ptz camera.
including nightvision and autofocus.

Suggestions for DHZ are also welcome.
curtishall

Re: Underwater PTZ camera

Post by curtishall »

draude wrote:for my koi pond i'm looking for a underwater ptz camera.
including nightvision and autofocus.

Suggestions for DHZ are also welcome.
My dad has a decent sized koi pond and we toyed with the idea of a camera but I really don't think it's worth spending the money, especially on a PTZ. You'll have all kinds of weird funky things growing on the lens which will render the auto focus useless....and I've not seen (probably because I've never looked) a underwater PTZ camera. Most outdoor PTZ cameras have a rating of IP65 / IP66 which means they are sealed, but you can't just drop them in water. So, to get the submersible rating you are looking at _alot_ of money
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

what if you just drop the glob part of the ptz in the water aka before it get to the first seal. But i haven seen any underwater ptz ether.
coke

Post by coke »

If anyone finds one reasonably priced, I wouldn't mind dropping a couple into some of the aquariums we have.