Zoneminder and ReoLink 810A 4K - Incompatiple !?

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
itoss

Zoneminder and ReoLink 810A 4K - Incompatiple !?

Post by itoss »

It seems that you've been trying to get the Reolink 810A camera to work with Zoneminder for the past 3 weeks, but you're experiencing issues such as a delayed stream, and the Zoneminder web interface falling behind by several seconds. After about 24 hours, it's lagging 2-3 hours behind the current stream. So far, I've tried the following:
  • Configure Camera via Webinterface to the minimal fps and resolution and bit rate => no changes streams lags again
  • Configure zoneminder camera using TCP ( zoneminder hangs when using webinterface ), UDP Zoneminder lags, HTTP ( seems to camera passthrougt ) stream lags too but ZM interface works almost without lags
Is Zoneminder 1.36 not 4K compatible or the camera incompatible ? I don`t know what i can do to get a right non lagging 4 K Stream, which is proccessed by zoneminder ?!

VLC stream works fine : rtsp://user:pass@IP/h265Preview_01_main
VLC stream works fine : rtsp://user:pass@IP/h264Preview_01_main

ZM does not record audio by default, right ?! Disable Audio in camera - no changes :/

Streamsource in ZM changed to H265 Stream - sems to work correctly, but when i try to watch a record ZM hangs => restart via ssh connection :cry:

i found some infoa about motion detection ( https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide ) but my CPU does not raise very well when activating 4K analysis ?!
JasonBorn

Re: Zoneminder and ReoLink 810A 4K - Incompatiple !?

Post by JasonBorn »

Activate rtmp in the Cam settings and use this Link:
rtmp://yourip/bcs/channel0_sub.bcs?channel=0&stream=1&user=youruser&password=yourpassword
itoss

Post by itoss »

i checked all options twice, but there is no option to switch the stream codec to rtmp :cry:
JasonBorn

Post by JasonBorn »

Network - advanced - Port settings
itoss

Post by itoss »

You are right - Streamconfig in Port settings - i searched for Streamconfigs etc and port was not in my focus - THX 4 info ;)

If my info is correct, the RTSP protocol is able to send control commands and is faster than RTMP. So why should i use RTMP ?

At the moment it works ( h264 Codec ). 4K analysis ( one CAM ) 20 frames from cam send, 10 frames analysis ans record in ZM. Zoom in at record playback is a desaster. But watching autoskaled stream - pause stream and switch to original size picture ( 4K, when need detailed pictures ) - then switch back to auto scale and resume record works.

So there is no problem with ZM ( ZM Ninja works ), rather than browsers like FF Opera etc.

What would you prefer ? OMVIF, RTSP, RTMP ?
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Just use whatever works best for you out of RTSP and RTMP. ONVIF is not a streaming protocol, so forget that.
-