live stream works but not event replay (just see the first frame, hitting play doenst do anything)

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
nirv199

live stream works but not event replay (just see the first frame, hitting play doenst do anything)

Post by nirv199 »

Hello

I found a few related posts from other users reporting similar problems (live view working fine, but not event replay) and tried a few things suggested on the posts but no luck yet.

Here's the logs (i stopped the services, then tried to view an event, so i would only get logs pertinent to this failure):

2019-05-21 14:56:37 zms_e93 2852 ERR Can't sendto on sd 6: No such file or directory zm_eventstream.cpp 480
2019-05-21 14:56:02 web_js 465 ERR getCmdResponse stream error: No data to read from socket - checkStreamForErrors() ?view=event
2019-05-21 14:56:02 web_php 568 ERR No data to read from socket /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 2048
2019-05-21 14:56:02 web_php 568 ERR Timed out waiting for msg /var/lib/zoneminder/sock/zms-575102s.sock /usr/share/zoneminder/www/ajax/stream.php 90

This is a brand new install on a fedora based system. I am not using any of the video options under "storage" (just the event images).

Events seem to be detected just fine, and when i try to replay them, i do see the first frame and just the first frame. Hitting "play" doesnt do anything.

Some of the items on the other posts mentioned permissions to file/folder and owner but on Fedora it seems those are different from the ubuntu install ones (most posts i found were ubuntu related).

I see this issue was reported on different zoneminder releases so i think it may not be zoneminder per se, probably something with apache config, but not sure.

Thank you
icono2

Re: live stream works but not event replay (just see the first frame, hitting play doenst do anything)

Post by icono2 »

Same exact problem here, on Debian.
bbunge

Re: live stream works but not event replay (just see the first frame, hitting play doenst do anything)

Post by bbunge »

Try saving jpgs vs. mp4.

Also it is good to cite your Linux distro and version as some issues are OS specific. The fixes are, too. Hardware info might be good to know as well.