Hivision ColorVu DS-2CD2347G1-LU

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
tannaroo

Hivision ColorVu DS-2CD2347G1-LU

Post by tannaroo »

Hi all
I have zoneminder running using a docker image which all works fine.
Trying to add my Hikvision Color Vu cammera Hivision ColorVu DS-2CD2347G1-LU.

So when I add it I've put this in the source path:

rtsp://<username>:<password>@<ip address>/Streaming/Channels/101

Obviously changing my username, password and ip address with the actual IP address.

But the console is saying 'Not capturing".

the rtsp setting is the one I have for this Hivision so not sure why its not working?

I can login and view the image separately direct from the web browser so its function separate from zoneminder.
burger

Re: Hivision ColorVu DS-2CD2347G1-LU

Post by burger »

Does it work w/ffmpeg via terminal and or vlc from gui?

test outside of zm as its faster. once you have a working path, use that for zm.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Finding_Camera_Stream_Paths
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
tannaroo

Post by tannaroo »

Yes it does work on VLC but it seems to ignore my username / password setting as I need to enter the username / password again in dialog box on VLC. But once I do that, I can see the video on VLC.

Could that be the problem why its not picking up in ZM even though the username/ password is in the rtsp address?
tannaroo

Post by tannaroo »

so I can view my camera on VLC. Have looked elsewhere on forum and used the same video resolution as used by VLC and tried that in ZM. Still blank screen.

Then tried all difference formations like TCP, UDP, UDP Multicast using ffmpeg. Still nothing - just blank -says not capturing.

Then I tried to halve the video resolution and also 640x520, as well as changing TCP, UDP etc - still nothing, just blank.

So dont know what else to try?

The only thing I noticed per my earlier post, if the the rtsp address includes my username/password in VLC, it still asked me through a dialog box to enter username and password again making me think it is not recognising the username/password within the rtsp address?
tannaroo

Post by tannaroo »

Problem solved. This camera works!

For anyone else, make sure your password does not have any special characters. That seems to be the problem. For some reason ZM does not like special characters.

But does anyone know, how I get get the audio to work?