Does not Stream Playback Events

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
Biggus

Does not Stream Playback Events

Post by Biggus »

Hi,

I've just built a new ZM box on Ubuntu 14.04 with 1.28.2 however when playing back events it only appears to stream the first 2 frames then just pauses, however live streaming works OK and if I view the stills there appear all to be there? I setup following the easy instructions.
bbunge

Re: Does not Stream Playback Events

Post by bbunge »

Based on your other post about MySQL errors I'm wondering if you have a hard drive about to fail, bad RAM, not enough memory or multiple problems. If you have a Seagate drive it could have some issues with the latest Linux kernel (I have had my server fail with the last three Seagate drives!). Did you enable the innodb_file_per_table in MySQL?
Biggus

Post by Biggus »

Its a very strange one, I decided to start again from scratch and this time everything is working as expected.

ZM is running in VMware and the VM sit on A NAS drive, I ran a test on the hardisks in the NAS and against the memory in the VM-Ware host and it all came back good. Other VM's where working as normal.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Unless you are running a beast of a VM server you will never get the performance of a dedicated server just running Linux. With your VM on a NAS you also have the slow down of the network. Even a GIG LAN can be a bottleneck. I.O.W. you get what you pay for (or set up).