How do you upgrade to V1.27.1?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
rceccleston

How do you upgrade to V1.27.1?

Post by rceccleston »

I would like to upgrade to version 1.27.1 from 1.27 on Ubuntu 12.04, to benefit from the fixes, but would like to retain my current configuration.

What would be the best method to achieve this?

Thank you in advance.
McFuzz

Re: How do you upgrade to V1.27.1?

Post by McFuzz »

The packaged tarball is not up yet, however you can clone it from github and update manually... Grab it from here: https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder; locate the instructions for Debian/Ubuntu on how to clone it.

You can then proceed using the instructions there, or, if you have compiled it from source like I did, just repeat the same compilation from source using the same flags, install it and then update the database.

Honestly, though, I'd stay way for now. There are some annoying bugs like the logs always start cycling from oldest log (when you open the log page) keeping load high.
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

I thought that log loading issue might have just been me. Couldn't find it logged as an issue on github, so I logged it and submitted a pull request to fix it.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

I would actually encourage using the current git code, it has many bug fixes and enhancements over the initial 1.27 release especially when built with ffmpeg and libvlc. The issue of the errors in the web based log viewer can be overcome by disabling logging to the database in options and just using syslog or another logfile. The stability and performance of the current code is the best its ever been IMO. If you have a source based install you should give it a go. If it doesn't work well for you (but it should) its easy enough to just re-install the old version you built although you will want to make sure you do a complete backup of the database in case you do want to return to 1.27.