Problems with grandtec xguard 9 port card

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Dr.Pepper

Problems with grandtec xguard 9 port card

Post by Dr.Pepper »

Hi.

I just installed a x-guard 9 port, and I'm having some trouble when adding new monitors.

For every monitor I add the image turns brighter on all on them, i believe the issue is having only one bt787. Has anone solved this issue?

I'm using Mandrake 10.1, i believe it uses bttv 0.9.x.

Any ideas?
jshank

Post by jshank »

I am having the same problem with the Grandtec 9-port card. It works fine for 3 camera's but upon adding the 4th camera, the brightness is so high that there is no longer an image. This is using bttv card=103 (seems to be the only one that works). This is under Fedora 9, bttv driver 0.9.17, zoneminder 1.22.3-14 (rpm). I see that quite a few people have gotten the 4-port and 16-port version of this card working. Any suggestions?
jshank

FIXED - White out on additional cameras using Grandtec 9P

Post by jshank »

Solved it.

From Grandtec FAQ

Q. All of the cameras are just white screens. Why?
A. The card attempts to automatically color-balance all of the cameras at once. If a camera port is listed as active (9 and 16 port) or if a preview window is open (4 port) for a port that does not physically have a camera connected, then it tries to balance with a camera that is not there. The result is a white screen for all cameras. To resolve this, close or de-list as active any ports without cameras connected.

Zoneminder Wiki Page on Grandtec