Using reolink on-camera motion detection?

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
rik

Using reolink on-camera motion detection?

Post by rik »

i'm returning to ZM after many years and want to get a camera capable of generating events that ZM can consume. I’ve been focusing on reolink cameras like the RLC-810A. But I have two questions:

The [Reolink page](https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Reolink) under “Hardware_Compatibility” says:

> The models that have "A" in the name are the cameras having on-board Person/Vehicle Detection, that is, RLC-510A, 520A, 810A, 820A, 1220A, 1210A. You may not use this local smart detection with Zoneminder, but you can use the advanced AI powered detection feature supported by the ZM.

?1: Is that still the case?

Because I see @iconner recommending in this thread [ZM monitor of camera events](viewtopic.php?t=32823):

> Yes. Best to run the 1.37 dev series. You turn on ONVIF event listener, populate ONVIF url in the monitor settings and it basically just works.

And other places mentioning that it works with reolink.

?2: Do I need to use the 1.37 dev release to make this work?

Thanks to @iconner and all for the great ZM resource.
iconnor

Re: Using reolink on-camera motion detection?

Post by iconnor »

I believe it works. I have not tested extensively with a ton of models, but so far every reolink has worked for me.

Yes you need 1.37.