xAP Module

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
harleydude

xAP Module

Post by harleydude »

I have had this running for a couple of days now and all seems well. I was wondering if a feature could be added to change the current Run State of ZM. I am using an Elk security panel in my house and when the system is armed in various states I would like to set different Run States on ZM.

Rick
gliming

Post by gliming »

Are you referring to zmxap? If so, I've been thinking about adding this capability. Perhaps just an additional parameter (e.g., runstate) to the Monitor block in the VMI.MonitorCmd schema? I'll have to look at whether an additional action "verb" (other than the current "start") would be needed or just overload start w/ also "start using runstate=xxx".

Gregg
gliming

Post by gliming »

Perhaps just an additional parameter (e.g., runstate) to the Monitor block in the VMI.MonitorCmd schema?
Actually, that doesn't make sense since VMI.MonitorCmd is directed to a specific monitor and runstate is global. Since there isn't any other (yet) form of global control, perhaps allowing zmxap to respond to BSC messages where the runstate is set in the text property?

Gregg
harleydude

Post by harleydude »

Sorry forgot to mention that, I am referring to zmxap.

I have been slowly working on tighter integration of my security system with my HA system and now with ZM. I currently am using CRON to change runstates, however this is not giving me the flexibility that I desire.

Thanks and hope to see this soon.

Rick
gliming

Post by gliming »

hope to see this soon
It's done. I just need to complete final testing and then package it up. It will be posted NLT sometime tomorrow.

Changing/resetting runstate is performed by sending a xAPBSC.cmd message to the gateway (not one of the endpoints) w/ state=on and text={runstate} where {runstate} is your runstate (case sensitive). In addition, once zmxap knows the runstate (I'm unaware of how to query zm for the current runstate--so, you have to wait for the first BSC cmd) it will be reported in a recurring xAPBSC.info message. Changes in runstate are reflected by xAPBSC.event messages.

Gregg
harleydude

Post by harleydude »

Now that is fast service.

I assume that I can grab it from the Wiki? Once I get back into town I will set it up and give it a try.

Thanks
Rick
gliming

Post by gliming »

Yes, there is a link to the download page embedded on the wiki. It is the same as where you would have originally downloaded zmxap. The current release is now v0.8 and has been posted.