elphel cams

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
cordel

elphel cams

Post by cordel »

I came across this project that supposedly allows some elphel IP cams to stream mjpeg.
I don't know if it will work with ZM or anything else about it.
I just now that I have seen qweries reqarding this cam here in the past and came across this project, so I thought I'd post the link incase someone is interested.
Should you be brave enough to give it a shot: Regards,
Corey
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I was talkign with them a couple of years back and have one of the cams. They are quite impressive bits of kit and probably capable of running ZM onboard.

For a while I was talking with them about doing something together but then things just fizzled out a bit and I never heard back from them. I still have the cam somewhere and should probably have another look at it.
Phil
andrey_filippov

Post by andrey_filippov »

Phil, I do not think there was a problem on our side - we are interested in ZM running on our hardware and we would support development in this area.

FYI We are preparing release of the new hardware - model 353 ( http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title= ... 63_cameras ). It has more of everything - each type of memory, higher performance CPU (ETRAX FS), IDE interface, USB host (slow one - 1.1). And it runs php as fastcgi already.

Andrey
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Hi Andrey,

I'm glad to hear things are still going well for you. I will _definately_ get the cam back out and try and figure where it was I got to last time as it was extremely impressive.

Cheers
Phil