Wont login

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
SpankMe

Wont login

Post by SpankMe »

Just upgraded and now can't login. It says Logging in, but goes back to the login page.

This happens every time I upgrade. :( Fixed this before by doing a install but thats a pain.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

I have had this before and put the ip of zm into my trusted zone in ie. I think it has something to do with cookies
SpankMe

Post by SpankMe »

I get the same problem in IE and FF even after clearing cookies.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

have you put your zm's ip into your trusted zone in ie
SpankMe

Post by SpankMe »

Yep, didn't help.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

sorry mate im out. Im sure someone here will say look at your logs etc but i wouldnt know what to look for sorry

James
ctimbrell

Re: Wont login

Post by ctimbrell »

did anyone ever get resolution to this as mine is doing the same. every time i try to log in it simply reverts back to the login scrren. the last time i got in it said the disk was at 100% which i saw on another post so i am guessing this is something to do with the problem.

the machine is remote so i guess regardless i will have to go and collect the machine unless anyone has any suggestions on this.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

If you do have to go get the thing set up your purge when full filter. I've set mine to 74% others I read about as high as 95%; this will prevent this from happening again. I'm also suggesting to repair the database as it's quite often corrupted when this happens.
ctimbrell

Post by ctimbrell »

SOLVED
The problem was that the system was full 100%. I manually went into the events folder for zm and deleted all the files from one of the cameras which freed up enough space for zm to allow me to log in. I then set up the filter as described which gradually deleted old events until the usage came down to the 75% i requested. It seems fine now and it doesnt seem corrupted either.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

You'd know if the database was corrupted, ZM will work but there won't be any new events.