pocket pc

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
jameswilson

pocket pc

Post by jameswilson »

anyone know if its possible to stream to a pocket pc or windows smartphone please?

regards james
cordel

Post by cordel »

Not at this time.
Sorry,
Cordel
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

thanks cordel. I presume this is a ms limitation on the browser front if so i heard a rumour of firefoxon pocket pc this might fix it
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

this browser works sort of on ppc will continue hunting plus its commercial demo available though wont work on mpeg but works on jpeg
philipt

Post by philipt »

I use my iPAQ over the wireless network to adjust my cameras - only works on stills though, doesn't stream. No special settings needed in my experience.
Philip
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

just an extension to this

I have used netfron 3.1 with some not a lot of success and is better with stills as it auto updates something my pocket ie doesnt.
Regarding the above i have been looking at PocketTV and TCPMP
The 2nd one is a GNU program so hopefully would be btter and i have had some success nut ot alot with this.
Using the url
http://ip/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=mpeg&mon ... &pass=pass

i sometimes not always get a live stream.
Repeatadly hitting play does eventually but its not ideal.
Maybe worth a look??
Configuring Web Servers to Stream with PocketTV

This section is intended to Webmasters who want to provide video streaming for PocketTV
PocketTV is capable of streaming from standard HTTP/1.1 servers, so all you need is an off-the-shelf web server, like Apache.

You must configure your HTTP server so that .m1u files are sent with the MIME type "video/x-mpegurl". If you use Apache, this can be done by adding the following line to the file srm.conf:

AddType video/x-mpegurl .m1u

In some cases you might need to add the following line to the mime.type file used by your server:

video/x-mpegurl m1u

You will have to restart the web server after changing the configuration.

If your web server is not configured properly, it may send the .m1u file with a wrong type (e.g. text/plain). This might cause PocketIE to display the content of the file, rather than initiating the streaming. You can check that your server is correctly configured by issuing an http GET request manually, using telnet on the port 80 of your server.

Note: .m1u files are only understood by PocketTV. If you use dynamic HTML, you can detect the type of client (browser) that accesses your web pages. If you detect PocketIE, you should generate PocketIE friendly pages and include the .m1u links for streaming your MPEG video content.
I found the above on the pocketTV site and thought might make sense to someone? Didnt to me lol.
James
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

still working on the smartphone mpg viewer.

James
acrid

Minimo does it!

Post by acrid »

although the login-interface etc. are kind of screwed, Minimo CE 0.016 is able to show the zm jpeg stream.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo

but i'm still looking forward to zm4ppc :)

Code: Select all

$> man woman
$> Segmentation fault (core dumped)