4 port and 8 port Grandtec X-Guard brightness problems

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
somepdguy

4 port and 8 port Grandtec X-Guard brightness problems

Post by somepdguy »

Hi All,

Sorry to be post heavy tonight.

I have 2 x-guard cards, one 9 port (8 plugged in) and the other 4 ports. On both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels with the latest bttv drivers with the following as the options given to bttv

bttv card=103 radio=0 gbuffers=4 chroma_agc=1 adc_crush=0 combfilter=1 lumafilter=1
and just
bttv card=103

if I don't have all cameras plugged in the first cam is white (sometimes) if i have them all plugged in it normally works.

It really is as strange as it sounds.

Now, I have been testing with the same 8 cameras, but today when I plugged in just one new camera to the 4 port one it worked for a bit then went white as before.

Would an mpeg of the problem help?

Any experiences with these cards welcome. Could it be a cable problem? Would the wrong grade/length cables cause a problem?

Has anyone got a X-guard installation working stabley for a few months **with different cameras being plugged in and out**?

Thanks

Pete
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Sometimes I have camera issues like this. It's usually caused by bad cable termination and grounding problems in my experience.

Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

you could terminate the unused inputs at 75 ohms that might help some cards to auto terminate
somepdguy

probably the card now...

Post by somepdguy »

The first input on the 4 port card is now completely buggered - i think the card is on the way out.

I will replace the card and if it doesn't solve the problems update the thread.

Pete