Translation Help Wanted!!

If you would like to check the status of a language, volunteer to do a translation, or highlight or correct a problem in one of the existing language files then post here.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Translation Help Wanted!!

Post by zoneminder »

Following the release of 1.21.0 there are quite a lot of new tokens that have been included in the various language files in English. Any new tokens that are introduced in a release are usually propagated this way, until someone can translate them and send them back to me for inclusion in a new release. Usually this works ok thought sometimes means that some languages lag behind being fully translated.

However in 1.21.0 there are a larger than usual number of new tokens meaning that in some languages, where previous translations have not kept up, a large part of the language file is now in English.

If you are able to help translate these tokens then please do, it would be much appreciated. To so, just download a copy of the most recent version of ZoneMinder, find the zm_lang_xx_yy.php that corresponds to your language, edit it, and send it back to me. I will happily add it to the next release, or even do a special release if I get a few languages done at once. If your language isn't included already then just copy zm_lang_en_gb.php to zm_lang_<your language>_<your locale>.php and follow the instructions in the file.

If you use ZoneMinder and are able to assist with translation then it would be appreciated as much, if not more, than monetary donations!!

Cheers

Phil
Dr.Pepper

Post by Dr.Pepper »

As I stated on a previous post, I'll be happy to do the Spanish (MX) translation..... you should have it by the end of the week!!
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

I will get started on the danish one as soon as i find some time to do it.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Thanks to you both.

Tom, I can mail you an updated version of the one you submitted earlier this week if it would be helpful.

Phil
Renato

Post by Renato »

I can translate to the Brazilian Portuguese, how I must proceed?
[]s,
Renato Pinheiro
www.gpi.ufrj.br
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Renato,

I think there is a BP trnalsation already in zm_lang_pt_br.php. However there are a lot of new English tokens in there which need translating. The best thing to do is just edit that file and mail it to me when you're done. There are instructions in it which should help you understand what goes where.

Cheers

Phil
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Heya Phil

Please email me the updated file, then ill get on the translating, when if find the time. :-)
Best Regards
Tom Stage
cordel

Post by cordel »

It's in the download for zm
http://www.zoneminder.com/fileadmin/dow ... 1.0.tar.gz
the file is in the web directory.
Cheers,
Cordel
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Tom is after the Danish file. I wasn't able to download his 1.20.1 version so it's not in 1.21.0. Tom if you can mail me the one you did, or check/fix the download link you gave I can do it. I don't want to just cut and paste it from the forum for formatting reasons.

Phil
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hey Phil

The link is fixed http://dvss.voronwe.dk/zm/zm_lang_dk_dk.php

Happy Easter to u all. :)
Best Regards
Tom Stage
Renato

Post by Renato »

Phil,

I looked the file and I see that it is almost total translated. I made some corrections, mainly on to the HTML Encode. I can send for the email forums@zoneminder.com?

However, I did not find the file with the text of the options area, that continues without translation, where I can find this file?
[]s,
Renato Pinheiro
www.gpi.ufrj.br
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

The options can also be included in this file. However there is a slightly different syntax. If you check near the bottom of the language files you should find this section

Code: Select all

// In this section you can override the default prompt and help texts for the options area
// These overrides are in the form of $zmOlangPrompt<option> and $zmOlangHelp<option>
// where <option> represents the option name minus the initial ZM_
// So for example, to override the help text for ZM_LANG_DEFAULT do
//$zmOlangPromptLANG_DEFAULT = "This is a new prompt for this option";
//$zmOlangHelpLANG_DEFAULT = "This is some new help for this option which will be displayed in the popup window when the ? is clicked";
which should explain what you need to do.

Phil
Renato

Post by Renato »

It was this that I needed. . . I go to work in this.

How I said, I made some corrections in translation PT-BR, if you want i can send to you.
[]s,
Renato Pinheiro
www.gpi.ufrj.br
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Yep, just mail it to info[at]zoneminder.com when you're ready.

Phil
ekiboy69

Any new instructions or advice on translating?

Post by ekiboy69 »

Hello,

I am about to start making a translation into Finnish. Is there anything new about it? Is it enough to translate the text strings in zm_lang_en_gb.php?

Are there any demos online with PTZ cams? It would be easier to make an understandable translation if it would be possible to see the GUI.