Panasonic KX-HCM10

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i have tried chasing panasonic and all i have got so far is an internal pre relaease firmware and an sdk which i doubt will be any use to me. If i only use the web page of the cam it stays open and without crashing for days but as soon as i start capturing with zm the cam locks up. I have rebuild pc and updated as much as i dare and am trying again, but wondered if you had any ideas.

James
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I can't image it's anything that ZM does that is causing it to crash, certainly ZM doesn't do anything more than just browsing via it's own web pages does, probably far less. The only interaction with the camera is via a simple http request which is what the camera is designed to handle. The only possible thing is that possibly the camera has something like an internal memory leak and since Zm asks potentially more often then a human user this may be exposed more quickly. What path are you using for image capture, a jpeg one or mpjpeg?

Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

mjpeg Phil.
I have spent a lot of time on this now and the problem seems to occur when you have more than 1 camera on a hun (my hom network is an old 3com 10Meg Hub) i have 1 on the hub at the mo on Cordels Zm and another on a switch on PclinuxOS ZM. Both have been up for over 10 hours. If i turn off regnetexp both seem to function on the hub but i get tonnes of errors and low frame rates. I have asked pana for an archive of old firmware and was wondering if anyone is using c10's (baylink) what firmware you have in them. This system hopefully will be installed tomorrow and im concerned that a hub can crash them.

James