Event view controls

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
unicon

Event view controls

Post by unicon »

Hi,
when viewing a recorded event there are the buttons to control the replay (start, pause, frame forward etc)

Is there a way to use these controls from the keyboard? I found nothing in the documentation.

Reason is - I have a 4k UHD Monitor and the region I'm interested in is more at top of the image in the "Actual" scaling mode. So the controls are not visible in the browser.

Any suggestions?
dougmccrary

Re: Event view controls

Post by dougmccrary »

Have you tried setting Monitor->Misc->Default Scale ?
unicon

Post by unicon »

Hi,

of course. The problem is, when I use an other scale than "Actual" the details of the recorded image are lost.

The monitor is observing the edge of a wheat field that is about 750m away with a little creek and some small trees along the creek. The farmer of the field asked me if I can monitor the edge, because he found some tracks of wild pigs. He wanted to know how many they are and if they're staying, or just passing. Farmers are not amused of wild pigs :wink:
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

OK. I see what you mean now. I don't think there are shortcuts, although perhaps you could customize your keyboard for them?

edit:
I don't have a camera that res, but looks like maybe you could export and play in VLC with less loss?
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

We can look into adding them. keyboard ctrls make sense.