Simple way to backup alarm events to the Cloud

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
ktara156

Simple way to backup alarm events to the Cloud

Post by ktara156 »

Hello,
I've configured my ZM in this way:
Camera 1 low res - modect (save only JPEG alarm events)
Camera 1 high res - record (MP4, with linked 'Camera 1 low res' to 'tag' the information in which video file there was an alarm identified by low rest).
(6 cameras in this way)

Is there any way to simply upload backup to some free cloud (Google Drive?) of:
Camera 1 low res - all JPEG's
Camera 1 high res - only events with alarm frames (so 'Alarm frames' >= 1)
I'm thinking about this in case of server stolen.
Andyrh

Re: Simple way to backup alarm events to the Cloud

Post by Andyrh »

Perhaps not a direct answer because I copy all events.
I use rsync to copy all events to a remote server. The script syncs today's directory with the off-site directory. The off-site server deletes directories when there is more than I want to keep. Not by age in case there is a problem, I want the last ones to remain.
My script only looks at files, I did not attempt to determine anything about the events.
BTW, my off-site is a Pi Zero with an SSD at a friend's house.
Andy
o||||o

Ubuntu 22.04
ZM 1.36.33
E5-1650-v4 Xeon
16 GB RAM
6 cameras -> 54 FPS modect
ktara156

Re: Simple way to backup alarm events to the Cloud

Post by ktara156 »

Andyrh wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:42 pm Perhaps not a direct answer because I copy all events.
I use rsync to copy all events to a remote server. The script syncs today's directory with the off-site directory. The off-site server deletes directories when there is more than I want to keep. Not by age in case there is a problem, I want the last ones to remain.
My script only looks at files, I did not attempt to determine anything about the events.
BTW, my off-site is a Pi Zero with an SSD at a friend's house.
You're right - it's not an direct answer to my question... :) Maybe anyone could help with the issue I described?

And additional question... When I turn on decoding (for live preview) of 2k resolution camera, it consumes 3-4 GB of RAM memory (and almost nothing of CPU usage) - it's normal? I though that decoding would eat my CPU instead of RAM...