Weird Chrome problem with ZM.

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
User6677

Weird Chrome problem with ZM.

Post by User6677 »

I'm currently setting up my new ZM 1.36.33 based system. I have recently started having problems with what looks like some kind of bottleneck after I added my last 2 cameras. I spent ages troubleshooting the performance of my ZM system, with the web interface seemingly becoming unresponsive for new requests (even going back to the console) when the Montage page is opened. Only to discover the problem doesn't occur if I open another browser, like firefox and open ZM page from it with the Montage open in Chrome.

Is this the famous "webkit connection limit" ? Is there some workaround? Or is it something else? This is latest ungoogled chromium on Debian Bookworm BTW.

It manifests itself by not being able to browse to any other page after opening montage page (with 9 monitors in my case). Video from all 9 monitors works fine, but I can't go back to the console or any other page...
dougmccrary

Re: Weird Chrome problem with ZM.

Post by dougmccrary »

if monitor count >6, yes.
You want multi-port.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Multi_Port
User6677

Post by User6677 »

dougmccrary wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:08 am if monitor count >6, yes.
You want multi-port.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Multi_Port
Is there some solution on the browser side? As it is a browser issue I'd rather resolve it at that end.

There is a mention of a "Firefox about config" with no details I could find. Is there anything for Chrome?

Regarding Firefox, what setting is it?
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

I get that, but it's better to do multi-port, cuz then you can forget it - any browser will work.

Not sure if there's anything for chrome, but multi-port takes care of it...

If you insist -viewtopic.php?p=116913&hilit=browser+fi ... +6#p116913