PHP error on upgrade from 1.36.5 to 1.36.33

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
cenjui

PHP error on upgrade from 1.36.5 to 1.36.33

Post by cenjui »

Hello,

On upgrading from 1.36.5 to 1.36.33 today I was getting a 500 error on the log in page.

In /var/log/apache2/error.log I was seeing a lot of:

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught IntlException: datefmt_create: no such time zone: 'EUROPE/London': U_ILLEGAL_ARGUMENT_ERROR in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/config.php:142\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/config.php(142): IntlDateFormatter->__construct()\n#1 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php(45): require_once('/usr/share/zone...')\n#2 {main}\n  thrown in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/config.php on line 142
This was a previously working install on Ubuntu 20.04.6 with PHP 7.4.3.

I did a few hours of google hunting but was getting no useful tips. Turns out the issue was in /etc/php/7.4/apache2/php.ini I had the line:

date.timezone = EUROPE/London
I changed it to

date.timezone = Europe/London
(note the caps change in Europe).

Restarted apace2 and zoneminder and normal service was restored.

Just putting this into the forum in case anyone else gets the same issue so they can find it on google. I dont think its a ZoneMinder issue, probably an issue from whatever tutorial I first used to configure PHP and up to now everything had been tolerant of my caps errors.

PS - thanks for all the work on ZoneMinder - I've been using it for a good few years now and its been great!

Thanks,

David.