App for newest android?

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
ktara156

App for newest android?

Post by ktara156 »

Hello,
Is there any app for Android 13.x phones? No luck searching via Google Play store...
I found one *.apk file (probably zmNinja), sideloaded it - but it's not working because I'm using self-signed certificate - is there any way to get around this?
iconnor

Re: App for newest android?

Post by iconnor »

We are working on a new release for modern android. stay tuned.
JaymeSchowalter

Post by JaymeSchowalter »

There is an app for Android 13.x phones called zmNinja, which is a client for Zonegetting over itMinder, an open source camera monitoring system. You can find more information about zmNinja on its website or its GitHub repository.
However, zmNinja may not work with self-signed certificates, as they are not trusted by the Android system. Self-signed certificates are certificates that are not issued by a certificate authority (CA), but by the website or software owner themselves. They do not provide any trust value, and may cause security warnings or errors.
Last edited by JaymeSchowalter on Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ktara156

Post by ktara156 »

JaymeSchowalter wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:51 am There is an app for Android 13.x phones called zmNinja, which is a client for ZoneMinder, an open source camera monitoring system. You can find more information about zmNinja on its website or its GitHub repository.
However, zmNinja may not work with self-signed certificates, as they are not trusted by the Android system. Self-signed certificates are certificates that are not issued by a certificate authority (CA), but by the website or software owner themselves. They do not provide any trust value, and may cause security warnings or errors.
When I try to find zmNinja - I'm getting info that zmNinja-pro is unavailable on my device (moto g82), because this app is created for older Android version.
Also, I think there is some workaround self-signed certificate issue - I'm having also Nextcloud setup on this private server - and everything is working great on Android phone.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Our new release is awaiting google review. We have no idea how long that will take. Should be soon though.
ktara156

Post by ktara156 »

Great! Thanks and looking forward to use it as soon as possible! :)
ktara156

Post by ktara156 »

iconnor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:57 pm Our new release is awaiting google review. We have no idea how long that will take. Should be soon though.
Could you please share a link to zoneminder app? is it this one?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=pl&gl=US
or this?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=pl&gl=US
(I would like to avoid fake apps...)
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

They are both zmNinja. The first link is the one that will be released soon. The second is the old one.
ktara156

Post by ktara156 »

iconnor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:33 pm They are both zmNinja. The first link is the one that will be released soon. The second is the old one.
I just bought the first one - works really nice :) Thank you so much for all the work you're doing!
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Awesome! You might actually be the first! There is a lot of work to do to bring it up to date with what we have been doing in 1.37. Now that we have it compiling again, we can focus on actually improving it. And all the money from people purchasing it will go towards that effort.
ktara156

Post by ktara156 »

iconnor wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:09 am Awesome! You might actually be the first! There is a lot of work to do to bring it up to date with what we have been doing in 1.37. Now that we have it compiling again, we can focus on actually improving it. And all the money from people purchasing it will go towards that effort.
I believe, we should put more effort on promotion of this awesome app! :)
One thing that is not working for me now, is playing event from video coded h265+ (but it's not necessary for me).
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

JaymeSchowalter wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:51 am
However, zmNinja may not work with self-signed certificates, as they are not trusted by the Android system. .
This should be easily fixable via letsencrypt.org
ktara156

Post by ktara156 »

alabamatoy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:12 pm
JaymeSchowalter wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:51 am
However, zmNinja may not work with self-signed certificates, as they are not trusted by the Android system. .
This should be easily fixable via letsencrypt.org
For me, zmNinja work with my private server with IP address (with ssc). And because, I don't have any domain, letsencrypt.org will not work in this way.