Setting up mythzmserver?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
JimS

Setting up mythzmserver?

Post by JimS »

I have zoneminder on ubuntu 20.04 and mythtv on 22.04. I tried to just move the executable but it has dependencies that don't match. I looked at the myth wiki for that but it doesn't go into much detail assuming people just know what to do. Not a big deal but thought I would give it a try to see the zoneminder stuff on the mythtv PC. Anyone got more detail on how to get the source and compile. Only done that a few times and it was with detailed, step by step instructions.
josephbridges

Re: Setting up mythzmserver?

Post by josephbridges »

Hello JimS, you can follow these steps to get the source and compile. I hope that this will be useful for you :D
`1. Extract the source code of Zoneminder: Once the download is complete, navigate to the directory where the source code was saved and extract its contents. You can use the following command as an example: territorial io

Code: Select all

tar -xvfz zoneminder-x.x.x.tar.gz
```
2. Install ZoneMinder dependencies: ZoneMinder has certain dependencies that need to be installed before compilation. To install the necessary dependencies, use the following command:

q
sudo apt-get install cmake libmysqlclient-dev libjpeg-dev libavcodec-dev libavutil-dev libavformat-dev libswscale-dev libavdevice-dev libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libtool automake pkg-config
```
3. Configure ZoneMinder: Change to the extracted ZoneMinder source code directory and run the following commands to configure the build:

routeros
cd zoneminder-x.x.x
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DZM_DB_USER=zmuser -DZM_DB_PASS=zmpass -DZM_DB_NAME=zm -DZM_DB_HOST=localhost .
```
Note: Replace `zmuser`, `zmpass`, and `zm` with appropriate values based on your ZoneMinder setup.
4. Compile and install ZoneMinder: After the configuration process is complete, run the following commands to compile and install ZoneMinder:

make
sudo make install
```
5. Configure and integrate ZoneMinder with MythTV: Once ZoneMinder is successfully installed, you will need to configure and integrate it with MythTV. Unfortunately, the exact steps for this process may vary depending on your specific setup and requirements. It is recommended to consult the official MythTV documentation or seek assistance from the MythTV community to ensure a proper integration between ZoneMinder and MythTV.