Very new to ZoneMinder

This is the place for any problems or issues with the website in general or the new forums in particular.
newby4life

Very new to ZoneMinder

Post by newby4life »

I have recently installed ZoneMinder as a test for our security system. I finally got most of the bugs figured out thanks to the forum. I have a 31 camera system that vary in age and resolution that are deployed. As a company we are trying to transition from another service that is on a 2008 server and dying. The system is on a dedicated server that has 192 GB of Ram and 6.4TB of hard drive space. The issues I have are 2 fold. I want to be able to set up 4 separate monitors with all of the cameras that can be deployed on monitors with a minimal amount of input required for the security team to view. I have built groups but do not have the knowledge on how to set it up for the security team. Additionally in the event of power outage I would like for ZM to automatically restart and deploy back to those dedicated monitors. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am on Ubuntu 22.04 and ZM 1.36.33
iconnor

Re: Very new to ZoneMinder

Post by iconnor »

I would suggest hiring the ZoneMinder developers to assist you. You can reach out to me directly at isaac@zoneminder.com for that.

The 4 monitor thing sounds like a digital signage appiication... as in... put a raspberry pi on each monitor, and run the browser in kiosk mode with default home page being the montage with a certain group selected.
newby4life

Re: Very new to ZoneMinder

Post by newby4life »

Thank you for the advice. I will get with the powers that be and get back with you next week.