Force a new event id

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
night-gold

Force a new event id

Post by night-gold »

Hello,

I'm not using a lot of options on zoneminder, but I would like to upload the mp4 file generated on the cloud without all the jpeg files to not consume a enormous amount of operation on the cloud provider of my choice.

For that what I would like to do is force zoneminder to create a new event when I desire.

Let me explain, currently zoneminder is creating files like this: I activate the camera and an event folder is created in /var/cache/zoneminder/events/MONITORID/DAY/EVENTID

It's not too hard to get the video from the folder but I would prefer for zoneminder to not be writing the mp4 file while i'm trying to upload it.

My conclusion is that I need to force it to generate a new event id and create the new folder. Does anyone knows how to do that? I search a bit on the forum and others resources and did not find it, may have missed it.

Thank you in advance.
dougmccrary

Re: Force a new event id

Post by dougmccrary »

I may misunderstand, but what you might want to do is wait for the file to complete - i.e., wait for end time to be non-null.
night-gold

Post by night-gold »

Yeah, but the idea is that I don't want to wait :roll: :oops:

I have found a way to force the id change by forcing the state to go from security to home(no recording) and then to security again to start recording again.

I did some testing and the event id can take a lot of time to change. I waited more than 15 minutes once and it never changed.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

IC.

Maybe look at Options->Config->EVENT_CLOSE_MODE?

Perhaps in some combo with Monitor->Misc->Section length?