Problems when browsing from a network or the Internet

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
gorn777

Problems when browsing from a network or the Internet

Post by gorn777 »

Good afternoon, Ubuntu 22.04 and ZoneMinder 1.36 are installed. 30 cameras are configured for monitoring. There was such a problem, if I watch from a computer where Ubuntu is installed, then everything is fine, the video stream matches the fps, I can watch the recordings normally. But if I look through the network from another computer or via the Internet, then my stream of any selected camera slows down and shows 0-3 fps. If I go in and try to watch the recordings, I see only a white screen. Why is it so, after all, everything works well in general?
Maximo1970

Re: Problems when browsing from a network or the Internet

Post by Maximo1970 »

There are so many factors to consider, such as firewalls and network bandwidth. Also what are the specifications of the PC running Zoneminder?

I'm not totally sure what your trying to say by
gorn777 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:01 am if I watch from a computer where Ubuntu is installed, then everything is fine, the video stream matches the fps, I can watch the recordings normally.
Do you mean that everything is fine when you access Zoneminder directly from the PC it's installed on?
gorn777

Post by gorn777 »

Understood, it's in the browser! :D
gorn777

Post by gorn777 »

Maximo1970 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:23 am Do you mean that everything is fine when you access Zoneminder directly from the PC it's installed on?
Yes
Maximo1970

Post by Maximo1970 »

In that case, you have to look at how your network is operating. Also check the configuration of any firewalls between you and the Zoneminder server. Are you doing any network translations, do you have any reverse proxies in place?

If your not seeing any issues with access directly then it's going to be network related.
gorn777

Post by gorn777 »

If everything is done only in Firefox, then everything is fine, even on the phone. Other browsers are blunt and don't display Events, just a white screen.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

With 30 cameras, you should be using muli-port on your web server, apache, presumably.
juiweasley

Post by juiweasley »

You can try adjusting the video encoding and decoding settings in ZoneMinder to see if this improves the streaming performance.
mapquest driving directions
mindmyownbusiness

Post by mindmyownbusiness »

juiweasley wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:06 am You can try adjusting the video encoding and decoding settings in ZoneMinder to see if this improves the streaming performance. positive words that start with p
Yeah, I would review the ZoneMinder configuration settings and make sure they are properly set up for remote access. Also..I may be wrong, but I believe, or at least I think, that the firewall is causing this problem..I would verify that there are no firewall rules or network configuration settings that could be blocking or throttling the video stream when accessed remotely.