How to implement 'Monitor Center Room'

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
pepex7

How to implement 'Monitor Center Room'

Post by pepex7 »

I'm new to zoneminder, I have several questions and I'm still investigating..., but I haven't found in the documentation, nor in the forum, the recommended way to implement a control room (place where you can monitor the cameras and control if necessary) .

The idea is to put a PC with several screens and be able to view and control this 24/7, is it possible? what is the recommended way?
bbunge

Re: How to implement 'Monitor Center Room'

Post by bbunge »

One way is to have your Zoneminder server located in a secure space away from people. In your "control room" have a PC with as many monitors as you want running any OS you want and view the cams via a web browser. I ran Zoneminder in a warehouse operation where several of the staff had an extra PC and monitor to view cameras in certain areas such as entrances. Worked pretty well except the folks did not catch things happening as they were busy with other things. Recording events is the best way so when something happens you can review the footage afterwards. I caught the culprit that ate my flowers in the middle of the night a couple of days ago. Pesky rabbits. Hope our Great Horned Owls catch them for a snack!