Does anyone know the RTSP format of the mobile streams for XMEYE?

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
BaconButty

Does anyone know the RTSP format of the mobile streams for XMEYE?

Post by BaconButty »

Hi All,

I have a few generic DVRs and they all seem to use this XMEYE protocol on the mobile port.

The phone app (I use MEYE) connects direct to the DVR and shows all the cameras. So There is obviously a set format these generic devices follow.

My goal is to add these remote streams to zone minder.

For now, I'm just trying to get them to play in VLC.

I have found "rtsp://192.ip.goes.here:Port/user=admin&password=PASS&channel=1&stream=0.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=100"

However this isn't working.

Given how widespread this mobile streaming setup is on these generic DVRs, I was hoping someone might know.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.
iconnor

Re: Does anyone know the RTSP format of the mobile streams for XMEYE?

Post by iconnor »

I was looking at a python library that exists for controlling them, but I don't think it addresses viewing...
https://github.com/topics/xmeye
BaconButty

Post by BaconButty »

Hi Connor!

I'm aware of that Python library. I've used it in the past to write scripts for setting up cameras, things like setting a higher bitrate than the standard menu allows.

It *has* sample code on how to grab video from the streams, but to tell the truth, I am unable to follow it...

I connected up a remote DVR that works on the same protocol to the mobile port of the DVR I'm trying to view, to my surprise it picked up the high quality streams instead of the mobile streams! I didn't think that was possible.

So all the information is there (both mobile and high quality streams, along with the alarm information!), it's just knowing how to allow ZoneMinder to pick it up...

Given how widespread this protocol is (you can see on the git how many vendors are using it) , I would have thought someone would have figured this out, however I'm having no luck.

My primary reason for doing this is to look after an elderly relative. The reason for trying to access the mobile streams specifically is that if I stream the 4MP streams, I think my ISP might have a word with me fairly quickly :)

Quick edit: Similar to the above git, there is also this that uses ffmpeg to view the streams: https://github.com/sofia-netsurv/sofia-client
BaconButty

Post by BaconButty »

Just to close this out. While the link iConor has posted does have sample code for grabbing the stream, I gave up and just opened the standard RTSP ports.
Paul Waters

Post by Paul Waters »

Identify the XMEYE protocol: XMEYE is a proprietary protocol commonly used by generic DVRs for remote access. While it may not be well-documented, you can try to gather information about the protocol by examining the network traffic between the mobile app and the DVR using tools like Wireshark. This can help you understand the communication protocol and the commands exchanged between the app and the DVR.bad time simulator

Determine the stream format: Once you have a better understanding of the XMEYE protocol, you'll need to determine the format of the video streams provided by the DVR. Typically, DVRs use standard video compression formats such as H.264 or H.265. You can check the specifications or documentation of your DVR to confirm the supported video formats.