Blank web page when using "Montage Review"

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
Melsiar

Blank web page when using "Montage Review"

Post by Melsiar »

Hi everybody,

It seems that I still have a problem to solve with my ZoneMinder 1.36, I hope I will manage to explain it.
I installed zoneminder mainly to extract videos that I have to give to the Police during attacks on people in a public area.
My goal is to extract these video sequences from one or two cameras maximum between two times over a maximum interval of 1 hour.
The schedule of the assault is often indicated several days after the assault.
There is no one in front of the ZoneMinder server images, I go there when I have to extract a video.
To do this, I use the "Montage Review" menu which seems very practical to me to select a time range on a specific date.
When I select a group of two cameras and use the "1 HOUR" button, everything is ok, the server responds well and I can download the videos of the last hour.

On the other hand, when I click on the " 8 HOUR" button (still with a group of two cameras) and much more nothing works, I get an empty web page!
So in this case, I have to click back web browser page or click my server root to chat with ZoneMinder again.
I have the same problem when I want to indicate the day and time from the two date/time fields (after pressing the "1 HOUR" button).
Looks like I'm not getting a response to my query from ZoneMinder.
I have nothing in the logs to help me (green color).

If it can help, my software and hardware configuration:

8 DAHUA dome IP cameras @720P 10i/s H.265 PASSTROUGH (no jpeg image, just mp4 videos) record mode in 10-minute sequences.

PC Intel Celeron 2 cores (maybe G4930)

A hard disk for the system and a 4TB video disk for the events.

I pretty much left all the settings at default.

Can you help me for this problem?

Thanking you.
iconnor

Re: Blank web page when using "Montage Review"

Post by iconnor »

montagereview takes a ton of ram (it is much better in 1.37). So you need to increase php's ram limits. You likely have errors in apache logs about this.

You will need to edit /etc/php/phpversion/apache2/php.ini and change the setting for memory_limit
Melsiar

Re: Blank web page when using "Montage Review"

Post by Melsiar »

Hi Iconnor, thank you for your quick response and thank you again 1000 times, because the problem came from there! Now it works.

I had to increase the php ram resources to 2048 for this to work (I have a machine with 8GB of ram).

What I find unfortunate in ZoneMinder, when choosing a date interval, is that the second date does not follow the first by 5 minutes, for example (I know it's a colossal task). I say this because I think it would make it possible to have few occurrences and it would make it possible not to use too many machine resources. In my case, I will sometimes go back several days to get just half an hour of videos on a single camera (or two) and I find that "Montage Review" is great for that. I tried with the "Pan+-" buttons with 1 hour intervals, but it's not practical to go back in time :). I'm not a developer, too bad maybe I could have changed part of the code to have only one date left (start date) and to say how long video we want to see in "Montage Review".