Google Chrome on Android suddenly thinks my personal ZoneMinder page is a phishing site

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
montagdude

Google Chrome on Android suddenly thinks my personal ZoneMinder page is a phishing site

Post by montagdude »

I suddenly started getting this warning this morning on Google Chrome on Android when I try to visit my ZM site:
Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on [my site] may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards).
This doesn't happen on Firefox or Chrome on my Linux PC, and it never happened before now on Android. Could my site actually have been compromised somehow, or what could have caused Google to suddenly flag it as phishing? I have had the site for years, by the way.

For more possibly relevant information, I use SSL encryption on my site with letsencrypt and use a dynamic DNS service for the domain name.
montagdude

Re: Google Chrome on Android suddenly thinks my personal ZoneMinder page is a phishing site

Post by montagdude »

I clicked the link to submit a report that the warning was in error, and a few hours later the message stopped appearing. I don't know if that's because I submitted a report or if it just went away on its own, but I guess it's solved now.
dougmccrary

Re: Google Chrome on Android suddenly thinks my personal ZoneMinder page is a phishing site

Post by dougmccrary »

Probably the report - I've reported errors a couple times and the warnings went away within a day.