Cannot write to event folder

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
rcrail

Cannot write to event folder

Post by rcrail »

I have a new install on Debian 11 and followed the installation guide with dedicated disk mounted using systemd. The disk mount and binds have been verified. I am getting the error:

"Cannot write to event folder sdb1/zoneminder/events. Check that it exists and is owned by the web account user."

First question: the installation guide states in Step 4: "Create a config file under /etc/zm/conf.d ....." which has been done. I am confused on the path for "ZM_DIR_EVENTS=/full/path/to/the/events/folder". Should the be 'sdb1/zoneminder/events' or 'var/cache/zoneminder/events'?

In either case of calling out the path (dev/sdb1 or var/cache...) I get the same error.

I have checked that the ownership and write permission is with www-data.

I'm looking for suggestions on what to correct or further investigate.
mikb

Re: Cannot write to event folder

Post by mikb »

folder sdb1/zoneminder/events
Should probably be /sdb1/zoneminder/events
Should the be 'sdb1/zoneminder/events' or 'var/cache/zoneminder/events'?
Again, note the example says /full path to ... and not full/path/to ...

Those leading slashes are important, otherwise ZM will be looking for a directory called "sdb1" in whatever directory it is currently working (I don't know which is considered "current" directory, best not to speculate).

Give a full path, starting from / and be 100% sure.
rcrail

Post by rcrail »

Thanks for pointing out the criticality of the "/". I corrected the path to "/var/cache/zoneminder/events/", which corrected the error.
kafijor

Post by kafijor »

How I can change?
how to screenshot on windows of your entire screen and save it as an image file, press the Windows key and the Print Screen key at the same time.