Can't add new zone

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
lightguy48

Can't add new zone

Post by lightguy48 »

I've encountered a problem I can't seem to figure out, somehow I am unable to add any new zones to any of my monitors.

I don't see any errors in my logs (currently set to info, haven't tried degug level yet) and looking at the sql error log it shows nothing either.

However, I can modify and change any existing zones just fine. I have not tried deleting any zones yet for fear of not being able to add it back.

Any ideas? My forum searches and internet searches have not turned up anything. I was on 1.36.32 and tried upgrading to 1.36.33 and it didn't help any.
Andyrh

Re: Can't add new zone

Post by Andyrh »

What version are you running? 1.36.33 does not appear to have that problem.
Andy
o||||o

Ubuntu 22.04
ZM 1.36.33
E5-1650-v4 Xeon
16 GB RAM
6 cameras -> 54 FPS modect
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

And what's happening? Is the ADD NEW ZONE button not responding?
lightguy48

Post by lightguy48 »

I was on 1.36.32 and had the same issue, as I stated I don't believe it's related to the version, I just tried going to .33 to see if it made any difference and it didn't help.

I hit the can add new zone button and get to the add new zone screen, define the location, set all of the settings and then when I hit Save and it returns to the Zones for the monitors display the zone I just defined never shows up. No error message, no warnings, nothing.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Not seeing that. Could it be the selections from the dropdowns?
Try one with just the default preset and move the points around a bit. Still won't save? I dunno what to say...

Afterthought - what's the of the cameras whole field?
lightguy48

Post by lightguy48 »

I'm trying to add the zone like I've done hundreds of times in the past, it's nothing I haven't done before. It doesn't matter what monitor/camera, same result each time, it acts like it's saving it but when it returns to the Zones page for the monitor/camera the count of zones has not increased and there is no polygon showing up either.

However, I did notice tonight that it does seem to be throwing an error in the logs, maybe it took time for my logging level change to take place:

2/28/23, 10:03:29 PM CST",web_php,7832,ERR,"SQL-ERR 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1449 The user specified as a definer ('debian-sys-maint'@'localhost') does not exist', statement was 'INSERT INTO Zones SET MonitorId=?, `NumCoords` = '5', `Coords` = '862,138 1042,115 1195,173 844,305 800,152', `Area` = '40151', `AlarmRGB` = '16711680', `Name` = 'New', `Type` = 'Active', `Units` = 'Percent', `CheckMethod` = 'AlarmedPixels', `MinPixelThreshold` = '20', `MaxPixelThreshold` = NULL, `MinAlarmPixels` = '2007', `MaxAlarmPixels` = NULL, OverloadFrames = 0' params:5",/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/database.php,161

It appears to me maybe some kind of credential issue while creating the zone in sql? The user specified as a definer ('debian-sys-maint'@'localhost') does not exist'
lightguy48

Post by lightguy48 »

So I found this thread from 1.32.x which seems to describe the issue I'm having but I'm not entirely sure I understand the solution that was presented on the last post.

viewtopic.php?t=28406

You can do a mysqldump and will find lines like:

/*!50003 CREATE*/ /*!50017 DEFINER=`debian-sys-maint`@`localhost`*/ /*!50003 TRIGGER `event_insert_trigger` AFTER INSERT ON `Events` FOR EACH ROW BEGIN

I solved it by substituting that user with the right zmuser for my environment, dropping the database, and restoring the mysqldump backup.
burger

Post by burger »

lightguy48 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:50 pm You can do a mysqldump and will find lines like:

/*!50003 CREATE*/ /*!50017 DEFINER=`debian-sys-maint`@`localhost`*/ /*!50003 TRIGGER `event_insert_trigger` AFTER INSERT ON `Events` FOR EACH ROW BEGIN

I solved it by substituting that user with the right zmuser for my environment, dropping the database, and restoring the mysqldump backup.
I think the solution is meant to be
1) backup using mysqldump
2) edit mysqldump output file and change debian-sys-maint to zmuser (or what your user is)
3) drop existing database in mysql
4) restore database backup file from mysqldump

You shouldn't have to recreate the database. It's just an edit.

I looked at a backup of one of my servers. I have root@localhost configured. The debian-sys-maint is probably whomever you setup the zm database with. I'm sure there's some way to configure zm with debian-sys-maint, and that's why folks are seeing this error. Might be some kind of ZM db init bug, or it may just be that mysql needs permissions properly added to the user (the below command).
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Devuan_Beow ... om_ZM_Repo

Code: Select all

mysql -uroot -p < /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_create.sql
mysql -uroot -p -e "grant all on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass';"
The question is, in what scenario does the zm db get configured by debian-sys-maint.
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

I saw this on my Ubuntu system, but too long ago. I configured the DB to have the user and made sure the appropriate config file matched it.
-
lightguy48

Post by lightguy48 »

It's really bizarre. I'm not sure how it happened but I did have an SSD going bad that my OS and SQL DB resides on so I had a backup of my SQL DB with all of my monitors and zones and I replaced the drive, did a brand new install of Ubuntu & Zoneminder and then restored the backup, everything has been fine for several weeks until I went to add an additional zone on a camera where I wanted to keep an eye on our cat's food bowl, that's when I discovered I couldn't add a zone.

But yet I can modify/move zones all day long, it doesn't seem to care about modifications, only additions.

I'll try the suggestions this weekend when I can play with the system.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Just looks like insert permissions on the DB seem to require it. No idea why.
-
itoss

Post by itoss »

The Problem seems to be an user or permission problem in the database, import the 1.36.33 Database ( reinstall or upgrade yout 1.36.32 installation

same issue - solved => viewtopic.php?p=130596#p130596