What the Heck's Happened? And How to Use H.265

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
foxtrot1014

What the Heck's Happened? And How to Use H.265

Post by foxtrot1014 »

I'm sure it's user error, but I need a sanity check here. I used to use ZM a few years ago without problem, but today I can't seem to figure anything out. I'm on v1.36.32.

Where's the live view? Like if I want to see the live feed of my camera, how do I get to that? Clicking on the camera name now only seems to bring you to a list of events, no live feed.

EDIT: The live feed is there, just nothing's showing up.

Speaking of events, when I try to view them, I get the "Adobe Flash is not supported" gray box on my browser. ZM isn't still using Flash, is it?

Also, where the heck is the spot to set up Zones and whatnot? No longer seems to be a setting for the cameras.

Finally, I have two Amcrest IP5M-B1186EW. They're 5MP and have h.265. How do I go about utilizing this to save disk space? For the hour or less the cameras were (uselessly) running on ZM they racked up like 13GB of data. And my CPU load was through the roof at like 9+ (quadcore processor).

I'd honestly call it quits and turn my ZM server into a NAS, but as I said earlier I'm sure this is user error. I've tried googling all these things but haven't really found much. Any help is appreciated!
dougmccrary

Re: What the Heck's Happened? And How to Use H.265

Post by dougmccrary »

A major change is most cams should now use ffmpeg source type.
Zone setup is under the console "Zones" column - now probably "1", but might be "0" depending...
If you can get H264 out of the camera, I suggest you do that until you get more used to the new interface.
Also, the H265 live view is not supported by most (any?) browsers.
iconnor

Re: What the Heck's Happened? And How to Use H.265

Post by iconnor »

h265 live view does not even exist.

In zm, live view will be by mjpeg unless janus is setup.

Something is wrong. Live view should work regardless of input codec. Check logs.