Reolink TrackMix PTZ now available, setup experience available?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
jrf

Reolink TrackMix PTZ now available, setup experience available?

Post by jrf »

I noticed that meanwhile the Reolink TrackMix PTZ is available. It received a good review in a German test (techstage.de). Is there already s/o out there, having experience with setup in Zoneminder (1.36.32 preferred)?
Best regards from South Germany,
JRF
BiloxiGeek

Re: Reolink TrackMix PTZ now available, setup experience available?

Post by BiloxiGeek »

I did get this setup and mostly working. Using onvif was a good way to get it initially working. Selecting the RLC-423 for control gets that working but I'm not confident that it's a good complete set of controls. I'm trying to get that figured out now but haven't ever worked with the control features of zoneminder so it's not progressing much so far.
jrf

Post by jrf »

Would you keep us updated? Haven't bought one yet.
JRF
efranzwa

Post by efranzwa »

Hi jrf. BiloxiGeek posted some preliminary information about this camera and how to connect as ZM Monitor. Check this link in the ZoneMinder wiki and look for the Trackmix POE section.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Reolink
ZoneMinder 1.36.33 - Various Reolink, Ubiquiti cameras - NUC6CAYH - Ubuntu Server 22.04
jrf

Post by jrf »

efranzwa wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:36 pm Hi jrf. BiloxiGeek posted some preliminary information about this camera and how to connect as ZM Monitor. Check this link in the ZoneMinder wiki and look for the Trackmix POE section.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Reolink
Thx for the hint, read the information. I meanwhile decided not to use PTZ for surveillance. If positioning is not exact, the zones might not work.
JRF
efranzwa

Post by efranzwa »

I also recently purchased a PTZ camera, Reolink RLC-81PA. Actually it only has pan capability so not truly a full PTZ camera. But I have also concluded that PTZ is a useless feature for my home application for the exact reason you pointed out. Any zones that you setup are broken once you change the camera view (not sure why I did not think of that before I purchased this camera). I only needed to use the pan funtion once to set the correct view location. This saved me one trip up and down the ladder. :-)
ZoneMinder 1.36.33 - Various Reolink, Ubiquiti cameras - NUC6CAYH - Ubuntu Server 22.04