Amcrest API Monitoring

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
enviousjl

Amcrest API Monitoring

Post by enviousjl »

Hi there. First post, so hold the tomatoes! Anyway, I'll start by saying I'm not well versed in Zoneminder yet, as I just started dabbling. I am also no Linux expert. I'm running Ubuntu 20.04.5 and Zoneminder 1.37.28 because I like development and betas. I was also interested in the built-in Amcrest API support, which is why I'm posting here. I can't get it to work.

Here's where I'm at... I have some various Amcrest IP Cams used in a PoE setup. Everything works great with ZM. No complaints whatsoever; even the fact that I decided to run with the development branch, I have not encountered any major errors and I like the new functions for recording and analyzing. I have verified that the API is working on all cameras, and I can effectively pull configuration data from them, and even attach to the motion events with a web browser.

Back to ZM... OPT_TRIGGERS is enabled. Now, when I first enabled the bottom settings of the ONVIF tab for the camera, I had the ONVIF URL input blank, and got the following in the logs, so at least I know it's trying!
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (53.47 KiB) Viewed 4675 times
Now, if I use the camera's IP address with AND without "/cgi-bin" appended, I don't get that warning in the logs, but the triggers simply don't work. The API URL that shows up in the log appears to be correct. There is nothing else in the system logs either.

Has anyone found the answer to this yet? Or have I jumped the gun and it's not fully implemented? Thanks!