Constantly prompted for login

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
tmyvon

Constantly prompted for login

Post by tmyvon »

ZM n00b here.. I set up the system, was working well for a few days as i've been tweaking and learning. I turned on authentication yesterday, so far so good. But out of the blue today, i'm getting prompted to login when i click on almost anything in the admin panel.. I'm logging in as full admin, but clicking on any menu option, or going through any cameras prompts for log in on each click. What am i missing??
iconnor

Re: Constantly prompted for login

Post by iconnor »

probably timezone problem, if there is a mismatch, auth will timeout. Set timezone in Options->System->Timezone, make sure it matches system timezone.
If you make a change to system timezone, you will have to restart mysql.
tmyvon

Post by tmyvon »

Okay - will give that a shot. Also, i've noticed when i web into the local IP of the server on my LAN, it works fine.. But when i use the full FQDN URL (i'm using a reverse proxy with cloudflare) it does the re-prompting. As i said, it worked fine for 24 hrs in this setup, so im not sure what changed.
tmyvon

Post by tmyvon »

So the time zone is correct. Still nothing. I'm using a reverse proxy so maybe that could be why? I also realized this probably started happening when i turned on "AUTH HASH LOGINS". The ZmNinja app yelled at me to enable this, so i did. Now the app is working fine, but using the FQDN locally doesnt work.
tmyvon

Post by tmyvon »

okay. so confirmed... "AUTH HASH LOGINS" causes this issue in ZM 1.36.32 . I only enabled it because the zmNinja app displays this error message when its unchecked:

Now, i know zmninja is no longer supported (anyone know of any alternatives?) but it seems to affect the main install of ZM by selecting this option.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

I don’t have this problem with that enabled.
-