Docker Works... Maxed memory and CPU

Support for the docker image maintained by dlandon
mathomas3

Docker Works... Maxed memory and CPU

Post by mathomas3 »

Hello...

I setup Zoneminder a while ago and didnt have a camera to go with it... but once I did... I wanted to test how things went...

I was able to setup one of my four cameras and yikes... everything was maxed... I deleted the container and adjusted storage locations between my SSD and spinning HDD... and tried again...

The container finally finished loading up and added in the single camera... all seemed well... I walked in front of the camera for 10 seconds and waved my hands and at the time of this writing... my CPU and RAM is maxed out... just checked again and it's settled down at 12%cpu and 47% RAM... on a 1u server, running dual Xeon X5650 and 32gig DDR3...

While typing that... and the camera is staring at a static image... the cpu and ram maxed out for around 10 seconds

Is this normal behavior?

Again. Fresh install, added one camera and all hell breaks loose if motion is detected or not... 24 cores struggling to support 1 camera???
Magic919

Re: Docker Works... Maxed memory and CPU

Post by Magic919 »

Docker is not a supported method for ZM.
-
mathomas3

Post by mathomas3 »

And yet there is a support thread just for it... ;)
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

It's not well supported... mainly because _I_ don't like it. Other people do and there are tons of docker images to choose from. I wish they would all join forces, but whatever.
mathomas3

Post by mathomas3 »

Fair enough :)