Can no longer view monitors after upgrade to 1.37.25

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
kb9mfd

Can no longer view monitors after upgrade to 1.37.25

Post by kb9mfd »

- Version of ZoneMinder - 1.37.25
- How you installed ZoneMinder - zmrepo
- Full name and version of OS - CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)
- Browser name and version (if this is an issue with the web interface) - any
- MYSQL Version - Ver 15.1 Distrib 5.5.68-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

I ran yum to update my system and it upgraded zoneminder to 1.37.25 and completely broke it. Unfortunately I did not write down what the previous version was, but the update script said it updated the database from 1.37.1 to1.37.25. I had to find Monitor_Permissions.php in the GIT repository as it's not in the rpm. I tried to reinstall the rpm and downloaded the SRPM and that file is in neither. I also had to run the zm_update-1.x.x.sql files manually to fix a large number of missing table fields. Once the interface is up, I still have no monitors, it is recording and I can view past recordings, but I cannot view anything live. The log shows "Insufficient privileges for request user 1 admin for monitor x" from the zms.cpp. I check the user for permissions and set every available field to "Edit" and verified the sql tables Groups_Permissions and Monitors_Permissions and the fields are set to 'Edit'. In the debug log it shows the queries are returning "Inherit" instead of "Edit" and not giving permission to view the monitors. I cannot seem to locate any idea why, here is an example from the log -

Code: Select all

11/5/22, 12:54:25 PM CDT | zms_m4 |   | 11800 | ERR | Insufficient privileges for request user 1 admin for monitor 4 | zms.cpp | 44
11/5/22, 12:54:25 PM CDT | zms_m4 |   | 11800 | DB1 | INHERIT from group_permission | zm_user.cpp | 133
11/5/22, 12:54:25 PM CDT | zms_m4 |   | 11800 | DB1 | # of Group_Permissions 1 | zm_user.cpp | 76
11/5/22, 12:54:25 PM CDT | zms_m4 |   | 11800 | DB1 | INHERIT from monitor_permission | zm_user.cpp | 104
11/5/22, 12:54:25 PM CDT | zms_m4 |   | 11800 | DB1 | # of Monitor_Permissions 6 | zm_user.cpp | 71
11/5/22, 12:54:25 PM CDT | zms_m4 |   | 11800 | DB1 | Authenticated user 'admin' | zm_user.cpp | 298

in the SQL table -

MariaDB [zm]> select * from Monitors_Permissions;
+----+-----------+--------+------------+
| Id | MonitorId | UserId | Permission |
|  1 |         1 |      1 | Edit       |
|  2 |         2 |      1 | Edit       |
|  3 |         3 |      1 | Edit       |
|  4 |         4 |      1 | Edit       |
|  5 |         5 |      1 | Edit       |
|  6 |         6 |      1 | Edit       |

MariaDB [zm]> select * from Groups_Permissions;
+----+---------+--------+------------+
| Id | GroupId | UserId | Permission |
|  1 |       1 |      1 | Edit       |

MariaDB [zm]> select * from Groups_Monitors;
+----+---------+-----------+
| Id | GroupId | MonitorId |
| 22 |       1 |         1 |
| 23 |       1 |         2 |
| 24 |       1 |         3 |
| 25 |       1 |         4 |
| 26 |       1 |         5 |

MariaDB [zm]> select * from Users;
+----+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------+---------+--------+--------+---------+----------+--------+---------+-----------+--------+--------------+-------------+----------------+------------+----------+
| Id | Username | Password                                                     | Language | Enabled | Stream | Events | Control | Monitors | Groups | Devices | Snapshots | System | MaxBandwidth | MonitorIds  | TokenMinExpiry | APIEnabled | HomeView |
+----+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------+---------+--------+--------+---------+----------+--------+---------+-----------+--------+--------------+-------------+----------------+------------+----------+
|  1 | admin    | XXXXXXXXX | en_us    |       1 | View   | Edit   | Edit    | Edit     | Edit   | Edit    | Edit      | Edit   | high         | 1,2,3,4,5,6 |              0 |          1 |          |
SQL Query log -

15488 Init DB   zm
                15488 Query     SET SESSION TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED
                15488 Query     SET NAMES utf8
                15488 Query     SELECT `Name`, `Value`, `Type` FROM `Config` ORDER BY `Id`
                15488 Query     SELECT `Id`, `Username`, `Password`, `Enabled`, `Stream`+0, `Events`+0, `Control`+0, `Monitors`+0,`System`+0 FROM `Users` WHERE `Enabled` = 1
                15488 Query     SELECT `Id`,`UserId`,`MonitorId`,`Permission` FROM Monitors_Permissions WHERE `UserId`='1'
                15488 Query     SELECT `Id`,`UserId`,`GroupId`,`Permission` FROM Groups_Permissions WHERE `UserId`='1'
                15488 Query     SELECT `MonitorId` FROM Groups_Monitors WHERE `GroupId`='1'
                15488 Query     INSERT INTO `Logs` ( `TimeKey`, `Component`, `ServerId`, `Pid`, `Level`, `Code`, `Message`, `File`, `Line` ) VALUES ( 1667624537.281255, 'zms_m4', 0, 6703, -2, 'ERR', 'Insufficient privileges for request user 1 admin for monitor 4', 'zms.cpp', 44 )
                15488 Quit
So, It seems like there is some kind of issue with the enum. Both in the c++ side in zm_user.cpp and in the sql table that column is set to be a enum, but apparently it's not returning correctly.

I know some c++, and some mysql, but I normally use java, anyway. What I am not knowing is how the sql enum maps to the c++ enum. The sql enum is "enum('Inherit','None','View','Edit')" and the c++ enum is " typedef enum { PERM_UNKNOWN=0, PERM_INHERIT, PERM_NONE, PERM_VIEW, PERM_EDIT } Permission;" , and as you can see, they do not exactly match. I am not that familiar with sql and c++ enums to know if that is correct or not.

Secondly, why is the development version the latest in zmrepo for el7? Should it not be the latest stable release? Can I go back to 1.36?
iconnor

Re: Can no longer view monitors after upgrade to 1.37.25

Post by iconnor »

Lots of fixes since 1.37.25. Please update and report.