Hikvision DS-2CV2041G2-IDW

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
coltswalker

Hikvision DS-2CV2041G2-IDW

Post by coltswalker »

About Hikvision DS-2CV2041G2-IDW: I am looking at the camera model DS-2CV2041G2-IDW and the variants (which look identical with subtle model differences I guess) and have been advised that it is required to install proprietary software (an exe software application) on a Windows computer to even program aka configure this camera. This is a deal breaker for a number of reasons but mostly our linux workstations won't run well exe applications written for microsoft. Also, dubious executable from China... need I say more?

Is _anyone_ here using an IP network camera (outdoor model) that can be programmed by simply going to a default IP via web browser such as Chrome or Firefox?

- or -

Has anyone used this particular camera and can advise if there is a way to program and configure it via the web browser? I don't think a lot of these eBay sellers know what they are talking about when I try to ask them. I would rather get feedback here.
Attachments
000.jpg
000.jpg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 637 times
dougmccrary

Re: Hikvision DS-2CV2041G2-IDW

Post by dougmccrary »

I don't think a lot of these eBay sellers know what they are talking about when I try to ask them.
Fer sure!

You might consider buying a 5 or 10 dollar key, or just download the installer and put it on an old computer/usb stick or drive.
Even at that, some cams insist on IE, or Edge in IE mode, which does work with my cams.