Cannot Delete Large Numbers of files in Event Viewer or by Filters

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
diodemakk

Cannot Delete Large Numbers of files in Event Viewer or by Filters

Post by diodemakk »

My installation used to work, but now none of my file-deleting filters actually delete events and their files. zmaudit.pl does not help. Manual deletes also do not work properly. If I set the event list view to "All", tag all the events, and click Delete, it asks for confirmation, delays a bit, and I get the same event view back, with no events actually deleted. If, however, I set the number of rows shown to 200 or less, I can successfully do a manual delete. About 150 files get deleted. There is something interfering with deletions when there is a large number of events to delete, but the underlying process works for small quantities of events. Filters pick the right files, but nothing ever gets deleted, including by the default "Purge When Full" filter. I have seen similar problems in this forum, but none of the solutions work. I am running 1.36.12 on TrueNAS (FreeBSD). I see some errors in the log that say zmfilter.pl "exited abnormally, exit status 2"
dougmccrary

Re: Cannot Delete Large Numbers of files in Event Viewer or by Filters

Post by dougmccrary »

My installation used to work, but now none of my file-deleting filters actually delete events and their files.
Other than that, did anything change - updates etc?
Anything in the logs?
diodemakk

Post by diodemakk »

I implemented multi port streaming and did a few other tweaks, but don't recall them all. This is a fresh build of this version of ZM on a TrueNAS "jail" running 13.1-p2 TrueNAS. I have never been able to update Zoneminder or its underlying OS without losing everything and starting from scratch. (I wish Zoneminder had a user-friendly setup save and restore). I am not sure what logs to look at and where they are. I noticed that there are log files associated with my filters, such as zmfilter_X.log, in /var/log/zm but they are all zero length. it is possible the problem was there from day one, but I did not notice it until I had more than 100 files to delete at one time such as after a rainy night that constantly triggered my outdoor cams.
diodemakk

Post by diodemakk »

I get a lot of errors like this in my zmdc.log file:
10/22/22 14:29:04.174096 zmdc[8892].ERR [ZMServer:718] ['zmfilter.pl --filter_id=1 --daemon' exited abnormally, exit status 2]
Can't locate Archive/Zip.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Archive::Zip module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.32 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.32/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.32) at /usr/local/bin/zmfilter.pl line 127.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Unfortunately TrueNas doesn't do much to support ZM on their platform. 1.36.12 is woefully out of date.