Can't find a way to disable/enable cameras any more

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
Fressikus

Can't find a way to disable/enable cameras any more

Post by Fressikus »

I have two sets of cameras that switch on and off automatically via Run States on nightfall and daybreak. On older versions of ZoneMinder, you used to be able to click the "Function" column in your Console overview next to a camera to be able to disable/enable it. This is no longer possible and I cannot for the life of me find where the basic "camera off/on" functionality is hidden now. Can anyone help?

You can see here on the left the old settings are still there and work: Red cameras are disabled, green are enabled. Just can't find a way to configure this now.
https://ibb.co/8gzNzzS
dougmccrary

Re: Can't find a way to disable/enable cameras any more

Post by dougmccrary »

You now have finer control of what resources each camera uses. You need to go into the camera’s zoneminder settings to find out the settings and change them.
It’s a pretty radical change but you may find you like it once you get used to it. I did.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Disabling a camera is Capturing=None. Yes I agree we need to do more to make this a little more intuitive. I'm thinking of bringing back the Enabled/Disabled checkbox and put it on the first tab.
Fressikus

Post by Fressikus »

iconnor wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:56 pm I'm thinking of bringing back the Enabled/Disabled checkbox and put it on the first tab.
That might be a good idea, I was kinda lost where it went. Thanks!
Fressikus

Post by Fressikus »

Then again, wait a minute... I have a monitor already set to Capturing=none and it's still showing up green and "capturing" :shock:
https://ibb.co/p2J07KV
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

“Might” be a browser thing.
On my iPhone, safari shows colors correctly, while Firefox is stuck on yellow (orange?).
Fressikus

Post by Fressikus »

Hmm, I've tried with FF, Chrome and IE now, cleared caches too, shift reloaded. Restarted the Zoneminder server just in case, still shows up green and "capturing" even though it's clearly off when you open the live view. Shows status as grey checkmark on the zmNinja app on my phone. Weird
Edit: The fps and kB/s it shows are "frozen" like that
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

What OS are you on?
Do you have another machine laying around to do tests with just one or two cams?
I see strange stuff with FF on 1.36, but not on 1.37 (I think, anyway...) on Ubuntu.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

The last thing zmc does before dying is update the db record. If it crashes before doing this, or the db table is locked and the update fails, then it doesn't get update and the web ui thinks it is still running.

I am adding a background task to clear these out but we should check your logs as to why it failed to update the db.
Fressikus

Post by Fressikus »

@doug I'm on Ubuntu 20.04.5. Unfortunately, the server is my only linux machine right now, but I would guess if I recreate the camera, the problem might be gone anyway.

@iconnor The server automatically reboots after unattended upgrades during the night and I can't guarantee there might have been a power outage at some point. Unfortunately I've only discovered the problem now so I'm not sure how long that has been going on. I can provide logs if you want to take the time to look at it, but we can also just try recreating the camera and calling it a day to be honest. No events I'd like to keep on that one or anything.
Edit: I'm surprised turning the camera on and off again does not fix the database entry? :?:
Fressikus

Post by Fressikus »

Okay, to get rid of this on/off display error, I've simply recreated the camera where the bug came up and now I can't reproduce the problem so case closed on that. Thanks for explaining where the camera on/off toggle is! :D