Cannot add and stream camera

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
madroots

Cannot add and stream camera

Post by madroots »

Hello there, I tried v1.34.x on Raspberry, installing from repositories by this guide: https://raspberrytips.com/install-zonem ... spberry-pi.

When I add camera, (Add>Name,resolution,Source type:Ffmpeg, Funkcion: monitor>Source: rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.12:554/stream1)
it just start producting following error right away:

Code: Select all

* failed to open vchiq instance, ['zmc -m 2' exited abnormally, exit status 255]
As soon as I remove camera, error goes away. I cannot add any camera, no matter what method, function etc.

I am adding cameras, which are already being used with another instance of zoneminder (docker) but since this is raspberry, I had to install using guide above and the same cameras wont work here.

I also reinstalled raspberry OS so that I can install v1.36.25 version, however, still the same issue.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Why is that?
iconnor

Re: Cannot add and stream camera

Post by iconnor »

Did you add www-data to the video or render group? zm will try and fail to use the hw video decoder otherwise
madroots

Re: Cannot add and stream camera

Post by madroots »

Hello, thank you for your help. Unfortunatelly, that it didn't help

I have added www-data to the video and render group, however it still would not play the camera.

Errors now looks different then before I added www-data to video and render group:

Restarting capture daemon for Chodba, no image since startup. Startup time was 1663929847 - now 1663929895 > 45

'zmc -m 3' has not stopped at 22/09/23 12:45:07 after 10 seconds. Sending KILL to pid 2154[code]

Is there anything else you could advice me? Its fresh install from that article, 32 bit..

THANKS!