Display Lots of Cameras at once

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
amremington

Display Lots of Cameras at once

Post by amremington »

Does anyone know a good way to display 15 - 20 cameras at one time? The setup I am currently trying to simulate has an NVR with a TV attached to it and will display up to 32 cameras at once. I want to replace this setup if possible as the system is old and near impossible to navigate.

I tried the "Montage" option in ZM but it just continues to load and not all of the cameras show up. Maybe about 5 or 6 at a time. I get random ones each time I refresh as well. Is this maybe something in my settings?

I keep lowering the stream quality to see if that helps. For instance they are all set to 10fps and 720p. But it doesn't seem to make a difference from the 25fps and 1920.

These are all random Dahua camera models. I've tried going away from H.264 to MJPEG but some don't seem to have the MJPEG option. In either case, it also seems to not help much. I have tried this on multiple computers and multiple browsers with the same result.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!
dougmccrary

Re: Display Lots of Cameras at once

Post by dougmccrary »

https://medium.com/zmninja/multi-port-s ... 836a336c93

Implement that, and you should be able to get what you want.
amremington

Post by amremington »

That did the trick! Thank you so much!
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

You're welcome. Happy to hear you got it working.
pat2

Post by pat2 »

Multi-port works.

More easy use firefox and follow https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/1.34.7/faq.html (see section I have several monitors configured but when I load the Montage view in FireFox why can I only see two? or, Why don’t all my cameras display when I use the Montage view in FireFox?)

I have 12 cameras working fine in "Montage" view
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZM 1.36.34 - 14 cameras on Orange Pi 5 (arm64) - Ubuntu Jammy 22.04