Unable to delete Zone

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
howat

Re: Unable to delete Zone

Post by howat »

Changing that "method" variable to "post" didn't make any difference for me. I'm not sure if it's related to the same mysql foreign keys issue, but when I change a zone "type" to "inactive" and hit "save", after saving and loading back the "Zones" page, the zone's "type" is still set to "active".
So, as well as being unable to delete zones, I can't set them to inactive either.
I hope that's a useful clue to some people. I'll keep popping back here to see when there is a solution implemented for zones being undeletable. If I learn something that might help in the meantime, I'll bring it here.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

There's usually something logged. Start there.
-
karsta62

Post by karsta62 »

howat wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:41 am Changing that "method" variable to "post" didn't make any difference for me. I'm not sure if it's related to the same mysql foreign keys issue, but when I change a zone "type" to "inactive" and hit "save", after saving and loading back the "Zones" page, the zone's "type" is still set to "active".
So, as well as being unable to delete zones, I can't set them to inactive either.
I hope that's a useful clue to some people. I'll keep popping back here to see when there is a solution implemented for zones being undeletable. If I learn something that might help in the meantime, I'll bring it here.
Did you restart zoneminder after saving? Or better yet stop it first, then edit and finally start zoneminder.
I'm sure you did.